visual studio online - Excel power query usage and samples needed RRS feed

• Question

• Background

Visual Studio Online does not offer much in the way of reporting, when compared to (onsite) TFS... unless you utilize the REST API functionality.

The Visual Studio Online REST API is fairly extensive, but not very 'reporting' friendly to applications like Microsoft Excel.

Question

Are there any good examples of Microsoft Excel Power Query usage - to acquire and create reports via the Visual Studio Online REST API?  I've searched - but surprisingly haven't found anything of substance.  It is fairly simple to call a VSO REST query using Excel Power Query, but not so simple to iterate through the lists within lists, etc... unless you are familiar with 'M language'.

Thursday, April 2, 2015 5:17 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am currently researching to gather more information with regards to your request. I shall revert back to you with an update at the earliest. Sincerely appreciate your patience.

Regards,
    Nithin Rathnakar

Friday, April 3, 2015 9:28 AM
  • Hi Nithin,

I have exactly the same question as Sean.

Do you have any news from your research? Is there any simple excel file example so that we can start digging from there?

Regards

Joao Lourenço

Thursday, April 23, 2015 3:54 PM
  • Hi Nithin, Did you have a chance to find solution to this?

Saurabh

Thursday, August 6, 2015 4:53 PM
  • I am looking for this solution also
    Wednesday, July 6, 2016 11:07 AM