none
Language not saved persistent VDI RRS feed

• Question

• We have a few users who have set their language in Dutch instead of English, which is default in the image. We use FSlogix profile 'management'.

From time to time the language is reset to English and the user even has to download the language pack again.

These users use persistent VDI Windows 10 machines so they log on to the same virtual workstation every day. 

Is this a known issue or is FSLogix not usable for persistent VDI but only for non-persistent VDI's?

Thursday, January 2, 2020 3:21 PM

All replies

• We have a few users who have set their language in Dutch instead of English, which is default in the image. We use FSlogix profile 'management'.

From time to time the language is reset to English and the user even has to download the language pack again.

These users use persistent VDI Windows 10 machines so they log on to the same virtual workstation every day. 

Is this a known issue or is FSLogix not usable for persistent VDI but only for non-persistent VDI's?

FSLogix should work fine in persistent environments.  You mentioned that this happens from time to time. Do you have any insight into what may have changed on the hosts, or the logon process when they quit working?  Do you see this only after image updates, or is it possible that there are times that the FSLogix profile is failing to load due to file share outages, or network issues and the user is getting a temporary profile for that session?  

We would expect this to work, so we will likely need to investigate more into this, and find out what is the trigger to them losing that setting where it is not occurring every time.  It is not a known limitation of any kind.

• Edited by Brian Mann1 Friday, January 3, 2020 8:37 PM
    Friday, January 3, 2020 8:37 PM
  • Thank you for your reply.

I did investigate this issue a bit, however I was unable to find any changes which could refer to the language changing. I will take a look a the FSLogix log files to see if there is any clue. 

We did change some FSlogix settings to fix other problems hoping it would fix this one too, is it necesarry for some FSLogix configuration changes to reset the user profiles?

It is still in pilot stage at this moment, so it is not a big issue to reset.

Monday, January 6, 2020 6:39 AM
  • I extracted the log files:

Here are the lines that are the most remarkable.

[09:05:18.066][tid:00000d80.000023f8][ERROR:00000020]   RegLoadKey: C:\Users\****\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat (The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.)

[09:05:18.066][tid:00000d80.000023f8][ERROR:00000020]   Prep3 (The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.)

Also, there are multiple local folders created. I tried the setting which removes the folders, but that does not fix the existing issues. 

User has some other issues; mmc settings are not saved and other settings. I fully resetted the user without effect. 

Monday, January 13, 2020 8:49 AM