none
Looking for help on OpenId Connect in Service Fabric

Question

• I tried to configure openid connect as the way we usually do in .NET core web applications in a stateless .NET core web service (with MVC). Authentication seems happening and Fiddler also shows AspNetCookies (both .AspNetCore.Correlation.AuthO.xx and .AspNetCore.OpenIdConnect.Nonce.xx) after authentication but not the .AspNetCore.Cookies one and User.Identity.IsAuthorized is returning false.

How to solve this problem? What am I missing?

PS: When I add app.UseAuthentication(); in Configure() method, I am getting an exception:

Exception: An error was encountered while handling the remote login.

Microsoft.AspNetCore.Authentication.RemoteAuthenticationHandler<TOptions>.HandleRequestAsync()

Saturday, April 27, 2019 3:16 PM

All replies

• I am checking with our Service Fabric Product group team on this question. Will update once I hear back. 
    Monday, April 29, 2019 4:52 PM
  • I am still working on this issue. Many users are out of office for events so I expect to hear back sometime next week. 
    Friday, May 3, 2019 7:10 PM
  • Apologies for the delay on this. 

The tutorial for .netcore for OpenID Connect is here:

https://github.com/Azure-Samples/active-directory-aspnetcore-webapp-openidconnect-v2

Some additional questions as well if the tutorial is not enough: 

!) What is unique about this .netcore service that is using OpenID connect to authenticate?

2) Or what is the whole scenario?

I.E.

What changed: The Resource or Endpoint his Service is using OpenID connect against, has your service code implementation, hosting machines, or software installed/configured (E.G. SF) on hosting machines?

Wednesday, May 8, 2019 12:59 AM