none
Question about installing Cumulative Update Package 7 for SQL Server 2012 SP3 via SCCM/WSUS

Question

• Good morning everyone, just a quick question about upgrading multiple servers to Cumulative Update Package 7 for SQL Server 2012 SP3 - KB3205051.  According to the Microsoft Update Catalog you can only use WSUS to upgrade up to CU5 RE:

http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=SQL%20Server%202012%20SP3

Does anyone know why CU6 and CU7 are not available?  Windows Update won't get CU7 either; it seems that the only way to apply the update is to download it from Microsoft and install it manually?

Thursday, February 2, 2017 3:15 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Compumaster Extraordinaire,

>>Does anyone know why CU6 and CU7 are not available?

It seems CU6 and CU7 is not showing up on Microsoft Update Catalog. In this case, I would suggest you send a feedback directly to Microsoft Update Support for better response.

For more information, please refer to this link.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Regards,
    Lin

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 3, 2017 3:40 AM
  • Will do, thank you very much Lin!
    Friday, February 3, 2017 3:20 PM
  • Hello Compumaster,

My team owns the publishing of SQL Server updates to Microsoft Update, and the Windows Update Catalog. We release Cumulative Updates and Service Packs using a staged approach. They first appear on the Download Center. Later they will be released to the Windows Update Catalog. You can find out more information about our Incremental Servicing Model here: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/sqlreleaseservices/announcing-updates-to-the-sql-server-incremental-servicing-model-ism/.

Thanks,

Jeff

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, February 3, 2017 4:46 PM
  • Thank you very much for the reply Jeff. The article you provided above explains the situation we are seeing to a "T". I will forward this information on to our DBA. Have a wonderful week!
    Monday, February 6, 2017 4:30 PM