locked
database not working after successful publishing RRS feed

  • Question

  • User263765437 posted

    Hi, 

    I'm completely new to Webmatrix , Azure as well as to web development in general . I've created a website using Notepad++, which is a basic HTML page where a user can input figures, and then a PHP page will run some calculations, using database information, and return some output. On localhost everything works fine. I use WAMP and PHPmyAdmin to store the database. Now I've uploaded my site in Webmatrix, and published it on Azure. This goes fine as well, except for the return of the calculation; nothing happens. The chrome console tells me that no connection with the database is made.

    In Webmatrix I made a MYsqlconnection with the localhost. This is successful as I can see and edit the tables in Webmatrix.  Then I press Publish, which doesn't return errors. This is the log;

    10/31/2015 8:52 PM
    8:53:09 PM: Using ID '1bdfb974-438a-43a3-a811-3615d7130842' for connections to the remote server.
    8:53:10 PM: Adding ACL's for path (betahypothex/App_Data)
    8:53:10 PM: Using ID '5c09d0b3-880c-418d-99f6-dda7a1e2dc43' for connections to the remote server.
    8:53:10 PM: Adding ACL's for path (betahypothex/App_Data)
    8:53:10 PM: Adding database (MSDeploy.Continous/dbMySql[@path='database=nibud;server=eu-cdbr-azure-west-c.cloudapp.net;user id=b90385689b3381;allow user variables=True;pooling=False']/sqlScript)
    8:53:10 PM: Publish completed.

    But nothing happens on the azure website when I input some data. Moreover, I don't see anny databases in my Azure panel/portal, but I'm not sure if this should be the case. I'm obviously missing something but i have no clue what it is. I've tried to solve it myself by googling for a while now, without any result so I hope there is someone here who can explain what i'm doing wrong. 

    Regards 

    Saturday, October 31, 2015 3:59 PM

Answers