Video Glitches when installing on Mac Book Air (mid 2011)

Question

• The screen is split in half across the middle and repeated on the bottom half. The bottom half is also jumpy... Any ideas on what I can do?

-mc
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 5:06 AM

Answers

• Try contacting Apple to get the proper drivers for boot camp, or check to see if your graphics card has windows 8 compatible drivers.  This early in the game, answers and results will be sparse.  After all, we're the voluntary lab rats.
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 8:19 AM
  • Yesterday, I installed Windows 8 on the Boot Camp partition of my mid 2009 Aluminum MacBook Pro. During the installation, I reformatted the partiton (thereby erasing an expired Windows Vista trial OS).

After installing Windows 8, I installed the NVidia video driver as part of the installation of all of the Widows updates. After this, I rebooted (in Windows 8) and then installed the Windows drivers using the Snow Leopard DVD. After doing this, I had 2 NVidia control panels.

I uninstalled the NVidia drivers from Programs & Features then rebooted. After verifying that there were no NVidia Windows control panels, I reinstalled the Windows drivers using the Snow Leopard DVD. I chose the option to repair the installation. The video worked properly after rebooting.

I had Boot Camp version 3.0 installed. My next steps were to install, in sequence, the Boot Camp updates 3.1, 3.2 and 3.3 which I downloaded from http://support.apple.com

Only after installing the third update and rebooting did the video and audio function keys work (as they do in Snow Leopard).

Howard
    Sunday, September 18, 2011 3:00 AM

All replies

• Try contacting Apple to get the proper drivers for boot camp, or check to see if your graphics card has windows 8 compatible drivers.  This early in the game, answers and results will be sparse.  After all, we're the voluntary lab rats.
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 8:19 AM
  • I installed afresh after deleting my old partition using bootcamp and creating a new one. Then installing with windows 8 usb boot. Worked perfectly fine. Gestures didn't work on my trackpad. MBA 11" 2011 mid. Bootcamp drivers didn't work as they weren't compatible.
    Friday, September 16, 2011 4:26 PM
  • Yesterday, I installed Windows 8 on the Boot Camp partition of my mid 2009 Aluminum MacBook Pro. During the installation, I reformatted the partiton (thereby erasing an expired Windows Vista trial OS).

After installing Windows 8, I installed the NVidia video driver as part of the installation of all of the Widows updates. After this, I rebooted (in Windows 8) and then installed the Windows drivers using the Snow Leopard DVD. After doing this, I had 2 NVidia control panels.

I uninstalled the NVidia drivers from Programs & Features then rebooted. After verifying that there were no NVidia Windows control panels, I reinstalled the Windows drivers using the Snow Leopard DVD. I chose the option to repair the installation. The video worked properly after rebooting.

I had Boot Camp version 3.0 installed. My next steps were to install, in sequence, the Boot Camp updates 3.1, 3.2 and 3.3 which I downloaded from http://support.apple.com

Only after installing the third update and rebooting did the video and audio function keys work (as they do in Snow Leopard).

Howard
    Sunday, September 18, 2011 3:00 AM