Run-time error '91': Object variable or With block variable not set RRS feed

• Question

• I'm attempting to write a sub that will open IE and search a website for a particular value (set to Biloxi, MS for testing purposes).  However, I'm encountering a run-time 91 error and none of the previous posts I've seen seem to hold the answer.  Here's my code so far:

Sub SearchRealtorDotCom()

Dim ieApp As New SHDocVw.InternetExplorer

ieApp.Visible = True

ieApp.Navigate "www.realtor.com/local"

Do While ieApp.Busy
    Loop

Dim ieElement As Object

Set ieElement = ieApp.Document.getElementByID("local-search-input")

ieElement(0).Value = "Biloxi, MS"
    ieElement(1).Click
    End Sub

I'm encountering the error at the line: ieElement(0).Value = "Biloxi, MS" - any assistance troubleshooting what might be causing the error is appreciated!
    Monday, June 16, 2014 4:40 PM

Answers

• Would you not be better of navigating to the appropriate page? Probably having a list of all cities in a table with their corresponding code, or construct the string like.

ieApp.Navigate "http://www.realtor.com/local/" & Replace(Replace(yourVariable, ", ", "_"), " ", "-")

Where yourVariable could be something like Biloxi, MS the replace will parse it as Biloxi_MS

Happy to help ! When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answered

• Marked as answer by Kelci Wednesday, June 25, 2014 7:01 PM
    Wednesday, June 25, 2014 12:04 PM

All replies

• Would you not be better of navigating to the appropriate page? Probably having a list of all cities in a table with their corresponding code, or construct the string like.

ieApp.Navigate "http://www.realtor.com/local/" & Replace(Replace(yourVariable, ", ", "_"), " ", "-")

Where yourVariable could be something like Biloxi, MS the replace will parse it as Biloxi_MS

Happy to help ! When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answered

• Marked as answer by Kelci Wednesday, June 25, 2014 7:01 PM
    Wednesday, June 25, 2014 12:04 PM
  • Fantastic workaround!  This worked perfectly for what I'm trying to accomplish - thanks for your help!
    Wednesday, June 25, 2014 7:02 PM