Wireless adapter missing RRS feed

• Question

• My wireless adapter appears to be completely gone.  I only see the AT&T option.  I have tried the the "System Refresh", and I still have the same problem.  Any suggestions to get wireless back?  BTW, I can dock and use a wired connection, just no wireless.

Monday, October 24, 2011 4:15 PM

Answers

All replies

• Can you send the output from

netsh wlan show int

Monday, October 24, 2011 6:01 PM
  • "There is no wireless interface on the system.
         Hosted network status : Not available"

Monday, October 31, 2011 8:46 PM
  • If you go to Device manager and look under Network Adapters, do you see the wireless listed there?
    If not, go to View and select Show hidden devices.
    Then check again and see if you can view the Wireless adapter.

Please reply back with an update.
    Marilyn
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 12:53 AM
  • There are many devices listed under "Network adapters" using Device Manager and showing hidden devices.  What should I be looking for?
    Michael Palermo Senior Developer Evangelist
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 7:55 PM
  • Don't give up on me :)

Is this a hardware issue?  I really need to have wireless networking capabilities.  Can this issue be escalated?

Michael Palermo Senior Developer Evangelist
    Wednesday, November 9, 2011 12:46 AM
  • Sorry for the delay.

Do you have a wireless adapter listed in Device Manager?
    Do you have any wireless adapter listed under Hidden Devices?

If you do a Ipconfig /all what adapter are listed?

You can insert your Ipconfig text so we can review it.

Thanks,
    Marilyn
    Wednesday, November 9, 2011 7:21 PM
  • Hello palermo4.

Please feel free to contact Microsoft Support at this link and submit a service request for further assistance. Thank you.

https://support.live.com/eform.aspx?productKey=winnextdevaccount&ct=eformts&scrx=1

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 5:53 PM
    Answerer
  • I have lost my ability to connect with my wireless adapter too.  When I look at the wireless adapter in Device Manager, I see the little yellow triangle and exclamation point. When I check the properties, it says "Windows cannot initialize the device for this hardware. (Code 37)"

When I look at "Devices and Printers" from Control Panel, I see the tablet listed under "Computers and Networking", again a yellow triangle and exclamation point on it. Clicking on it and selecting "Troubleshoot" tells me "There is a problem with the driver for Option GTM67x PCIe WiFi Adapter. Reinstalling the driver might fix the problem."  Then I select "Apply this fix" and it's unable to fix it.

This tablet was working fine until three days ago. WTF?  Please help!

Saturday, April 14, 2012 12:20 AM