GroupMembershipActivty not creating automatic instance RRS feed

• Question

•  

One of the applications we work on depends on the following feature of HealthVault as described in http://blogs.msdn.com/b/healthvaultdatatypes/archive/2008/08/18/using-the-group-membership-types.aspx

"The GroupMembershipActivity type is used to provide information back to the sponsoring organization. When a user authorizes an application that has rights to create GroupMembershipActivity instances, the HealthVault platform will write a special instance of the GroupMembershipActivity to the user’s record, and set the Activity property to “RecordAuthorizedForApplication”.  The application may write additional instances of GroupMembershipActivity as desired."

Specifically, we depend on GroupMembershipActivity instances being auto created.  I have a master app and 3 child applications configured.  All the applications has Read, Update Create rights to GroupMembershipActivity.   I have problem with one application id that it does NOT create the automatic instance of Group Membership Activity.

I have verified that

a.  The HV auth journey shows group membership activity as one of the data types being authorized.

b.  The application id passed is correct

c.  Neither the HV shell nor Xray shows presence of Group membership activity instance for this application.

d.  Tried with multiple records.

Any thoughts on what the issue could be?

Raj HealthVault Developer Tool http://xray.getrealconsulting.com
    Thursday, June 17, 2010 10:23 AM

Answers

• Hello Rajesh,

I have got an update from the development team. For applications with online permissions to the GroupActivityType, an instance of this type will be added by platform during app-auth.  App-auth is an online process so the creation uses online permissions. At present, for the GroupActivity to work, it should be present in the Online rules.

The team is working on supporting GroupMemberShip Activity for Offline access and will be implemented in the near future.

-Mahesh
    Tuesday, August 10, 2010 5:01 PM

All replies

• Hello Rajesh,

I have checked with one of my application id following your steps and could see Group membership activity instance in HealthVault shell and XRay for the application. As you have mentioned that there is a problem for only one application id, could you please cross check whether you have missed adding the GroupMembershipActivity data type. Could you please let me know the application id? Did the records with which you have tried has GroupMembershipActivity instance created in HealthVault shell and XRay when you tried with other Application IDs.

-Mahesh
    Thursday, June 17, 2010 2:15 PM
  • Mahesh,

Thanks for your response.

As mentioned in my original post, I do see Group memebership activity during Auth journey for the application id, which confirms that it is setup correctly. The record shows the instances created by xray and the other child applications that I am working with. It is just this one application id that has the issue.

If you could share your email, I can mail you the AppID.

Thanks

Thursday, June 17, 2010 3:42 PM
  • You can drop me a mail at v-mahred@microsoft.com
    -Mahesh
    Thursday, June 17, 2010 4:47 PM
  • I am able to reproduce the issue when the data type is present in the Offline rule. It seems that Group Membership activity instance is not being created automatically in HealthVault shell when the data type is present in Offline. Shell is behaving as expected when the type is present in the Online rule. I am contacting our technical team to get more information about this behaviour. I will get back to you with the results as soon as possible.
    -Mahesh
    Friday, June 18, 2010 8:31 AM
  • Thanks Mahesh.   In the worst case, I will add the GroupMembershipActivity to the online rule as well.

I will look forward to what you hear from the technical team.

Raj

Friday, June 18, 2010 4:41 PM
  • Mahesh-- any update on this?  Thanks!
    Monday, July 12, 2010 6:15 PM
  • I am still following up with the team internally. I will update the thread once I get the information.
    -Mahesh
    Tuesday, July 13, 2010 1:31 PM
  • Thank you for your continued patience. I am following up with the team internally and the team is actively working on the issue. I will update you as soon as I get the information.
    -Mahesh
    Wednesday, July 21, 2010 12:23 PM
  • We are still working on this issue internally. I will update once I get the information.
    -Mahesh
    Friday, July 30, 2010 5:11 PM
  • Thanks for your patience. I am working on this issue. I will update once I get the information.
    -Mahesh
    Monday, August 9, 2010 4:47 PM
  • Hello Rajesh,

I have got an update from the development team. For applications with online permissions to the GroupActivityType, an instance of this type will be added by platform during app-auth.  App-auth is an online process so the creation uses online permissions. At present, for the GroupActivity to work, it should be present in the Online rules.

The team is working on supporting GroupMemberShip Activity for Offline access and will be implemented in the near future.

-Mahesh
    Tuesday, August 10, 2010 5:01 PM
  • Thanks Mahesh for the update

Raj

Tuesday, August 10, 2010 5:41 PM