none
hosting on IIS

Question

• Hi,

As i know that the Cloud application can not be hosted On  IIS but suddenly my mind got stuck with the thing that an asp.net application is hosted on IIS and then it is avaiabale to the local area connected people . so In Cloud is that possible?

Can the cloud application be accessible through IIS or any other similar tool?

If then how?

Friday, July 29, 2011 12:33 PM

Answers

All replies

• I am not very clear with these statements, "Cloud can not be hosted On IIS ", " avaiabale to the local area connected people ". But here is my take based on my understanding about your question,

There is web role type available in Azure which provides VM instances configured with IIS. Web applications like ASP.NET, WCF service are hosted on IIS when we use web roles and we can use Input Endpoints to communicate with these web apps hosted on IIS anywhere through Internet.

HTH.

Please mark it as answer by clicking on "Propose As Answer", if it helps. My Blog : http://dotnetizen.blogspot.com
    Friday, July 29, 2011 1:02 PM
  • hi,

My question is  suppose i have created a cloud based  web role application . mNow what i want is each employee of my company can see my Cloud application .

So for this i want to host my application on IIS by creating a virtual directory.

But i am unable to do it?

I was asking how this can be performed? How can i share my running application to each employee to see it by same URL.

That is it.

Monday, August 01, 2011 7:05 AM
  • Hi ArchanaSinghvi,

Once the web application is deployed on cloud, it will be given a public domain. Everyone can use that domain to access your application. Please check the following resources to learn how to deploy your web application on cloud.

Deploying Applications in Windows Azure

How to: Deploy a Windows Azure Application

Thanks.

Wenchao Zeng
    Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not.
    If you have any feedback about my replies, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com.
    Microsoft One Code Framework
    • Marked as answer by Wenchao Zeng Monday, August 01, 2011 11:00 AM
    Monday, August 01, 2011 10:12 AM
  • yes,

Definetly....

Monday, August 01, 2011 10:16 AM