none
Alert for items showing in a view RRS feed

• Question

• We're using Sharepoint Foundation 2013.  We have a wiki setup with a column for Last Reviewed Date, and person responsible for accuracy.  I have an application that, using the ListData.svc web service, checks the last review/modified date and sends emails to the responsible person requesting them to review the document for accuracy.  Once the application sends out the notification, it updates the Last Reviewed Date with the current date.

I'd like to have an alert setup to notify users when the page is updated.  I created a view that filters out documents modified by the account the application uses.  I then created an alert to send when someone changes an item that appears in the following view, and selected the view made previously.  The alert email is still fired even though the page does not show in the view.  But making the modification is what makes the document not show in the view.  So my question is, what state is used for deciding when to fire the alert?  Is it the state before the changes are saved, or is it the state after the changes have been saved?  I've tried both ways, and received the alerts both times.

Ultimately what I'd like is only receive alerts when the wiki content has changed, and not any of the other properties.

Friday, November 14, 2014 9:09 PM