none
how to NOT comit each line edit

Question

• I am in VS. Editing. Each time I move to a new line I get a message "Committing Line". It takes about 3 seconds for each line. How can I turn this off, so I can edit my stuff, and just comit the whole thing when I am done editing?

Thanks,

Jeff

That would be VS 2015 Community (if that makes any difference)
    • Edited by JeffGo Wednesday, November 18, 2015 12:01 PM
    • Moved by KareninstructorMVP Wednesday, November 18, 2015 12:35 PM Moved from VB.NET
    Wednesday, November 18, 2015 11:38 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Where are you projects located, on the local machine, virtual machine, network etc ?

Has this happened from when first installing Visual Studio?

I am going to move your question to the Visual Studio forum for better support.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my webpage under my profile but do not reply to forum questions.
    Microsoft Developer tools
    Developer’s Guide to Windows 10 video series

Wednesday, November 18, 2015 12:34 PM
  • all projects are on my local machine.  this all started with visual studio community.
    Wednesday, November 18, 2015 12:41 PM
  • Hi JeffGo,

>>  Each time I move to a new line I get a message "Committing Line".

Could you show us the screenshot or the detailed steps to reproduce this issue so that we could test this issue on our side for you?

Best Regards,

Jiayi Li

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, November 23, 2015 8:43 AM
  • No answer since November? I'm experiencing same annoying problem.
    Saturday, January 09, 2016 9:45 PM
  • No answer since November? I'm experiencing same annoying problem.

This is a very curious problem. I suggest troubleshooting using Mark Russinovich's Process Monitor.

Run Process Monitor while you edit, and see what Visual Studio is doing for those few seconds. I suspect something is timing out....

Saturday, January 09, 2016 11:16 PM