Live + Non-Windows(r)-based phones RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

Basically, I run a Series 40 smartphone, and I have a question related to the updated Windows(r) Live services. Will Microsoft(r) have a port or website designed to work like the old version? Or, otherwise, would the following be a bug?

When deleting e-mails or other files on it, it tells me that the link is invalid. When I refresh the Web browser, however, Hotmail(tm) does what I wanted it to do, which for example, is to delete files. Secondly, I can no longer edit Drafts when edited on a Windows(r) PC anymore. In the old version, the web app worked perfectly.

Therefore, is there a known link to work with the old version, or secondly, is this a bug that Microsoft(r) should know about. I'm aware that on a Symbian, rather than Windows(r) Mobile platform, it tells me "Your device is not fully supported by our service. You can give it a try but everything might not work correctly", with a hyperlink to my Inbox. Please note it also did this in the last version, so this message is nothing new.

I hope that by letting everyone know this, it could help fix a bug in the new web app, or if, at least I could find reasoning behind this--like Microsoft(r) implementing HTML5 tags, perhaps?

Will Live continue to work with other mobile operating systems, or are these not bugs, but incompatibility issues? I thought this might be a bug, which is why I posted this here. Thanks. :)

Saturday, August 28, 2010 2:54 AM

All replies

• Happy to report as an update to this post that as of now, most of the time this error does not show up on a mobile device with the same configuration. Good work, MSDN. :)
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 3:29 AM