none
Entity Framework 5 and Visual Studio 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• For entity framework 5, is it required to have full dbo access permissions and not just execute permissions when developing? The reason I ask is because when my team accessing the database, its through an account with elevated permissions, however to use the database when coding we simply use our windows accounts. Do our windows accounts need full access permissions?

• Moved by Amanda Zhu Thursday, May 30, 2013 6:13 AM
    Wednesday, May 29, 2013 4:07 PM

Answers

• Hi Noobville;

Permissions and security is handled by SQL Server therefore if your Windows login has permission to one database then you will be able to access it if it doesn't have permissions it will not be able to access according to SQL Server security implementation.

Fernando (MCSD)

If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and "Mark as Helpful".

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Thursday, May 30, 2013 3:26 PM

All replies

• Hello,

I have moved this thread to ADO.NET Entity Framework and LINQ to Entities forum for better response.

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, May 30, 2013 6:14 AM
  • Hi Noobville;

Permissions and security is handled by SQL Server therefore if your Windows login has permission to one database then you will be able to access it if it doesn't have permissions it will not be able to access according to SQL Server security implementation.

Fernando (MCSD)

If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and "Mark as Helpful".

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Thursday, May 30, 2013 3:26 PM
  • Thanks this answers my question.
    Wednesday, June 5, 2013 10:21 PM
  •   

Not a problem Noobville, glad I was able to help.

Fernando (MCSD)

Thursday, June 6, 2013 1:05 AM