reporting using Jasper Studio RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Im trying to build a report using jasper studio for reporting connected to SSAS tabular cube...

it was not that easy.. specially with the configuration... but finally I successeded but I didn't go that far...

since a basic feature should be the parameter(filter of the report) its direct and easy as you know with SSRS

but in Jasper it was nightmare to me since 3 days Im trying but no success .. no resources... no good support.. so I said that here will be my final try

I have an MDX query that calculate total persons by gender...

and I want to put gender as parameter

this is the query

SELECT NON EMPTY { [Measures].[Total Persons] } ON COLUMNS,
     NON EMPTY { ([DIM_GENDER].[DIM_DESC_ARABIC].[DIM_DESC_ARABIC].ALLMEMBERS ) } DIMENSION PROPERTIES MEMBER_CAPTION, 
    MEMBER_UNIQUE_NAME ON ROWS 
    FROM ( SELECT ( STRTOSET(@DIMGENDERDIMDESCARABIC, CONSTRAINED) ) ON COLUMNS FROM [Model]) 

and I defined parameter called DIMGENDERDIMDESCARABIC 
    but it still gives me an error XML/A fault: The query contains the parameter, which is not declared.; 
    Code: XMLAnalysisError.0xc10e0004 

maybe I did something wrong defining the paramter...Im stuck here can anyone help me how to solve the problem
    Sunday, August 16, 2020 7:06 AM

All replies

• That error means that Jasper is not injecting the parameter value into the XMLA request correctly. So SSAS can see that you have a parameter in the query, but it has not been given a value to use.   I don't know anything about Jasper so I don't know if there is any way of fixing that. In SSRS you could work around an issue like that by using an expression in the query and concatenating the parameter value in manually.

http://darren.gosbell.com - please mark correct answers

Sunday, August 16, 2020 10:59 PM
  • Maybe this is a issue for the Jasper to pass to parameter value to the query.

You could ask for help in Jasper community, members there might be more familiar with Jasper environment.

JasperSoftware : All Question

""SQL Server related"" forum will be migrated to a new home on Microsoft Q&A SQL Server!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "SQL Server related" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A SQL Server !
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Monday, August 17, 2020 6:37 AM