Dynimac Data Application - two tables RRS feed

• Question

• User1906504752 posted

is it possible to show to tables in one page or one gridview.

I have a Member and a Item.. deppending on what item I want then it shoudl also show the member for this item..

Howw is it possible using the Dynamicdatawebbapplication. (as you know there are already some templates) 

Monday, December 29, 2008 9:17 AM

Answers

• User660823006 posted

If you are doing Dynamic Data you would do something very similar to these steps. First you want to start off with a custom page template. You should do this for the Member table.

1) In the DynamicData directory in your application there is a CustomPages directory. Create a folder in this directory that is based on the name of your table in the datamodel.

2) Go to the DynamicData/PageTemplate directory and copy all of the templates into you new folder.

At this point you have your own set of the templates just for that one table that you can modify however you want. You could take the List.aspx page for example and add a DetailView underneath the GridView and have its DataSource control display the record from the Item table based on the SelectedIndex of the GridView. This is just basic ASP.NET databinding.

Let me know if you need more detail.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, December 29, 2008 1:10 PM

All replies