none
Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt. RRS feed

• Question

• I have been struggling with this problem for the past 4 working days. My C# application is calling functions in a c-dll.

The location of the C dll is known at runtime so the dll is dynamically loaded.

{

tempDll = path of the C-dll

try

{

pDll = LoadLibrary(tempDll);

}

catch

{

}

if (pDll == IntPtr.Zero)

throw new Exception("Cannot load library.");

}

I subsequently call functions from this dll. The problem is, somewhere along the line, I get the error

Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

The info in the output window is

A first chance exception of type 'System.AccessViolationException' occurred in System.Windows.Forms.dll

A first chance exception of type 'System.AccessViolationException' occurred in System.Windows.Forms.dll

The program '[2496] ###: Managed' has exited with code 1073807364 (0x40010004).

I understand that the problem can be attributed to making several read and write calls using a bad pointer. I suspect this could be true because the error occurs after I have called a particular function several times (like 70).

How do I debug this problem? How do I find out if a pointer is a bad pointer?

Tuesday, April 8, 2008 9:11 AM

Answers