MultipleProjects with single Template through wizard RRS feed

• Question

•   I am having 3 projects with one template and wizard concept. when choosing the template the wizard will be shown. In that wizard some options will be there. based on the option chosen in the wizard i want to choose the project from that location and load the project.

so i need how to  select the project when using wizard with single project template.

Please help me.

siva

Saturday, April 14, 2012 10:29 AM

Answers

• Hi Ed Dore,

Thanks for the help.

I can manage to solve the issues by myself.

Thanks again for your support.

Thanks,

siva

Wednesday, May 9, 2012 4:27 AM

All replies

• Hi Anyone,

Please reply for the above question.

urgent requirement.

Multiple projects and each project having own template. one root template is there. when selecting the root template the wizard will be shown. 

select options form wizard. based on the option selection we need to choose the project template to generate the project.

how can i do this ?

thanks,

siva

Monday, April 16, 2012 5:14 AM
  • siva, this is a duplicate thread with http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vsx/thread/eac11b54-bc1b-48b0-9927-3788481d8a2b

i think the article i provide in the above link is helpful.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 7:03 AM
  • Hi Anyone,

Please reply for the above question.

urgent requirement.

Multiple projects and each project having own template. one root template is there. when selecting the root template the wizard will be shown. 

select options form wizard. based on the option selection we need to choose the project template to generate the project.

how can i do this ?

thanks,

siva

this maybe of help

http://learnerps-dotnet.blogspot.com/2006/10/dotnet-project-template-and-addin.html

http://learnerps-dotnet.blogspot.com

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 1:53 PM
  • Hi ,

Thanks for the reply.

i am asking about Multi project template concept. am very well knew about normal project template with wizard concept.

Please try to understood my requirement. i have created multiproject template with wizard concept. based on the option chosen in the wizard i want to load the specific project.

Thanks,

Siva

siva

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 2:26 PM
  • Your multiproject template could simply create the solution, and then add your project templates programatically. A quick internet search for AddFromTemplate and GetProjectTemplate should bring up some examples.

Sincerely,

Ed Dore

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 1:57 AM
  • Hi Ed Dore,

Thanks for reply.

Yes. Solution.AddFromTemplate  is dynamically add the template to the solution.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/envdte._solution.addfromtemplate(v=vs.80).aspx

soln.AddFromTemplate("D:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Vb7\VBWizards\ConsoleApplication\Templates\1033\ConsoleApplication.vbproj", "c:\temp2", "My New Project", True)

but it contains 4 parameters.

i want to pass only the zip file . i want get project name and destination name while creating new project by choosing the root template. Please check the below image.

i want to get above destination path and project name when choosing the template for creating the project.

how can i get these above params dynamically in C# and pass into AddFromTemplate method ?

2. GetProjectTemplate method requires to place the template in the following location.

<drive>:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\ProjectTemplates\Language

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/envdte80.solution2.getprojecttemplate(v=vs.80).aspx

How can i create separate folder in that  above location and place all my templates  in that place.

Ex:

<drive>:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\ProjectTemplates\CSharp\MyFolder\MyTempalte.zip

i want to access MyTemplate.zip file from the above location.

Please help me.

Thanks,

siva

• Edited by Siva Rajini Wednesday, April 18, 2012 3:52 AM
    Wednesday, April 18, 2012 3:50 AM
  • Hi Siva,

Your solutions IWizard.RunStarted method will be passed a dictionary, this dictionary will contain values for the keys "$destinationdirectory$" and "$safeprojectname$" that will retrieve the values you're looking for.

As to the installation question, that's simply a matter of authoring a installer. However, I'd suggest using VSIX as your deployment method if you are targeting VS 2010. It's quite a bit easier, and you don't have to worry creating folders and what not.

VSIX Project Template
       VSIX Deployment
       Export Template Wizard

Sincerely,

Ed Dore

Monday, May 7, 2012 4:37 PM
  • Hi Ed Dore,

Thanks for the help.

I can manage to solve the issues by myself.

Thanks again for your support.

Thanks,

siva

Wednesday, May 9, 2012 4:27 AM