none
SharePoint Designer 07' file uploads and perimeter values RRS feed

• Question

• I have an InfoPath form published along with related lists that track additional information alongside the form and I use workflows to populate the lists based on the actions preformed within the form.  To track all the items in the lists and associate those with the proper form I have the form create a unique name when it is saved initially with the form and use that same unique name to link all the lists items back to the form. 

I also have document library where users have an option to upload files directly to SharePoint and link those files to a specific InfoPath form using that same unique ID that is created.  Currently after a file is uploaded the user has to select the unique name from a dropdown in the “edit item” page. 

My questions, I would like to do is pass that same unique value from a web part or perimeter value to the related field in the “Edit Item” page to force any files that are uploaded to be associated with the InfoPath form that has already been selected.  How would I go about setting this up? 

Thanks!

Derick

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 10:36 PM

All replies

• Hello,

From what I understand, you have a form library, several lists, and a document library.  Users fill out a form and workflows populate data in the lists.  When the form is saved, it creates a unique ID for its filename.  Users can upload documents and associate those documents with a form by selecting the unique ID of the form (also the filename of the form).  I'm not quite sure what you are looking for, however.

A form from a form library can't be selected when you are in a different document library uploading files, so there wouldn't be a way for SharePoint to know which form the uploaded document should be associated with.  Are you looking for a way to populate the drop down?  If so, you might be able to accomplish this by creating a data source on the page that links back to the form library, and then create a Data View DropDownList that pulls the information from your data source.

My apologies for being vague, however I'll need more information about how and where you are selecting the form to associate when you upload the files to the document library to give you a better answer.

Please remember to click 'Mark as Answer' on the post that helps you or click 'Unmark as Answer' if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Regards,
    Nishant Shah
    Microsoft Online Community Support
    Wednesday, December 7, 2011 8:43 AM