none
VSTO column width in tab in backstage menu RRS feed

• Question

• I am adding a new tab in the backstage menu. here is the my ribbon.xml. 

<customUI xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2009/07/customui" onLoad="Ribbon_Load" loadImage="LoadImage"> <backstage> <tab id="NewTab" getLabel="GetLabel" insertAfterMso="TabNew"> <firstColumn> <taskGroup id="NewDocumentGroup"> <category id="NewDocumentCategory" getLabel="GetLabel"> <task id="NewDocumentFromTemplate" getLabel="GetLabel" isDefinitive="true" onAction="NewDocumentFromTemplate" imageMso="FileNew"/> </category> </taskGroup> </firstColumn> <secondColumn> <group id="InfoGroup1"> <topItems> <layoutContainer id="AddinDescriptionLayout" layoutChildren="vertical"> <imageControl id="AddinInfoImage" image="CMSAddInInfo_image"/> <labelControl id="AddinDescription" getLabel="GetLabel"/>

</layoutContainer>

</topItems> </secondColumn>

</tab> </backstage> </customUI>

I would like to increase the width of secound Column than first column. Any suggestion how to do it??

• Edited by asingh.net Tuesday, January 21, 2014 12:48 PM
    Tuesday, January 21, 2014 12:43 PM

Answers

• Hello asingh.net,

Thank you for sharing a screenshot.

The Fluent UI doesn't provide any property or attributes for controlling the size of your controls. However, the size depends on the content of your controls. You can try to insert an empty string inside your caption and see the result.

Please read more about this in the Customizing the Office 2010 Backstage View for Developers article in MSDN.

• Marked as answer by asingh.net Thursday, January 23, 2014 12:44 PM
    Wednesday, January 22, 2014 10:16 PM
  • Hi,

As Eugene mentioned, there is no way to set the width of a column. More attributes of backstage UI, please refer to Descriptions, Attributes, and Child Information for the Backstage View Controls.

As a workaround, you could try to add space at the end of a control.

For example, I created a backstage as follows:

After I changed the text of 1<sup>st </sup>Radio Button like this:

<radioButton id="firstRadioBtn" label="1st Radio Button                                                                                                                                                     "/>

The width of this column would be changed.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, January 23, 2014 10:20 AM

All replies