localization of nested constructs RRS feed

• Question

• User-946240852 posted

Hi!

I have a little problem with localization on nested tags. My HTML looks like below:

<li meta:resourceKey="PhotoNewsDate1" runat="server">19 Okt<br />
              <a ID="PhotoNewsCaption1" meta:resourceKey="PhotoNewsCaption1" href="PhotoGallery_Detailed.aspx?searchTerm=recid:995912&page=1&order=0" runat="server">Detail of the sensor from the first half tracker inner barrel            (TIB)</a>
    </li>

I want to localize the entry in <li> for the date (19 Okt) and the text entry in the <a> tag. The problem is, if I use PhotoNewsDate1.InnerText in my localization file and set it, it will overwrite the whole innerText of <li> meaning deleting the <a> tag. Using the <a> tag in the resources file would be possible but is not really clean... also if possible I don't want to use ASP controls, since I work with a WebDesigner that has no idea about ASP and want to have it as plain HTML as possible.

Is there a way to somehow tell the app to overwrite all InnerText except the ones that have a meta:resourceKey themselves?

Thanks a lot!
    Gabriel

Thursday, July 5, 2007 5:52 AM

Answers

• User-503940700 posted

Hi,

Given the conditions you listed, I don't think its possible what you want. So you only have the option of putting <a> tag too in the resource file which is not as bad as you think considering the options you have listed.

Hope this helps,

Vivek

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, July 6, 2007 3:26 AM