Get MCC and MNC code form windows phone 8.1 RT

Question

• I am trying to get the MCC and MNC code in windows phone 8.1 RT, after many research many people mentioned it is not possible in widnows phone 8.1 system.

Does anyone know is there any office document mention that we couldn't got MCC or MNC code?

• Edited by Zheng, Yi Friday, December 19, 2014 1:50 AM
    Friday, December 19, 2014 1:39 AM

Answers

• Hi - We don't have any official documentation that says you can't get this information, but we definitely don't have any documentation that shows that you can, which is basically the same thing.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

• Marked as answer by Zheng, Yi Monday, December 22, 2014 4:58 AM
    Friday, December 19, 2014 7:38 PM

All replies

• Hi - We don't have any official documentation that says you can't get this information, but we definitely don't have any documentation that shows that you can, which is basically the same thing.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

• Marked as answer by Zheng, Yi Monday, December 22, 2014 4:58 AM
    Friday, December 19, 2014 7:38 PM
  • download the app:  Network Info II , you can see the MCC+MNC under the "device" tab.  It's a free app.
    Wednesday, January 14, 2015 3:02 PM
  • Confusing answer and not clever decision. Apps those behavior depend on MNC cut off.
    Monday, February 9, 2015 4:01 PM