none
Question about VSTO4.0 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello. Here is the problem: my computer has been accidentally installed VSTO 4.0, but I do not know How it is installed into my computer. So, I really want to know VSTO 4.0 has been integrated and shipped with what software or product? BTW, I have not installed VS 2010. Thanks.

Friday, December 16, 2011 5:52 AM

Answers

• Hi Shen,

Through the lync, I know that you want to know which kind of software will integrate VSTO 4.0 run time.

After some research I think there are three kind of software will integrate VSTO 4.0.

1.         Visual Studio 2010. VSTO 4.0 is the default install option.

2.         The add-in or document-level applications which developed under VSTO 4.0. The VSTO 4.0 is the prerequisite of this kind of applications. So when these applications are installing, the system will check whether VSTO 4.0 runtime has been installed. If VSTO 4.0 runtime hasn’t be installed the System will download it and installed it, otherwise the applications’ installer will failed being installed.

You can retrieve the add-in via click File->Options->Addins->COM add-in to see the add-in and check their setup file to see whether the setup file has prerequisite of VSTO 4.0

3.         Maybe VSTO installed manually for some reason.

I hope it can help you.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Tuesday, December 27, 2011 9:15 AM

All replies

• Hi Shen Tian

What are you seeing that makes you think VSTO 4.0 has been installed on your computer?

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP
    Friday, December 16, 2011 7:05 AM
  • Hi Cindy

I checked the control panel and 'Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime(x64)' is in the Programs and Features list.

Thanks

Shen

Friday, December 16, 2011 7:11 AM
  • Hi Shen

This isautomatically be installed as part of Office 2010. The "Runtime" is the tool that Office applications use to be able to load any VSTO solution you might want to use on your machine. This saves you having to download and install it yourself. If you never install a VSTO document or add-in, then the tool will never be used.

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP
    Friday, December 16, 2011 7:23 AM
  • Hi Cindy

I don't think the VSTO4.0 automatically be installed by installing office2010, because I tried to installed professional plus office2010 on a clean OS, but there was no VSTO4.0 after the installation complete.

Thanks

Friday, December 16, 2011 7:41 AM
  • Hi Shen,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

I recommend you check the option when you install Office 2010. I wounding that you didn’t choose the option to install VSTO 4.0 at all.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    Tuesday, December 20, 2011 4:53 AM
  • Hi Tom

I choosed all option when I install the office, but there was still no VSTO 4.0....

Can I talk with u on the office lync? My alias is v-shtian

Thanks!

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 2:12 AM
  • Hi Shen,

Through the lync, I know that you want to know which kind of software will integrate VSTO 4.0 run time.

After some research I think there are three kind of software will integrate VSTO 4.0.

1.         Visual Studio 2010. VSTO 4.0 is the default install option.

2.         The add-in or document-level applications which developed under VSTO 4.0. The VSTO 4.0 is the prerequisite of this kind of applications. So when these applications are installing, the system will check whether VSTO 4.0 runtime has been installed. If VSTO 4.0 runtime hasn’t be installed the System will download it and installed it, otherwise the applications’ installer will failed being installed.

You can retrieve the add-in via click File->Options->Addins->COM add-in to see the add-in and check their setup file to see whether the setup file has prerequisite of VSTO 4.0

3.         Maybe VSTO installed manually for some reason.

I hope it can help you.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    Tuesday, December 27, 2011 9:15 AM
  • This is very helpful!

Thanks!

Good luck!

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 9:18 AM