AADSTS50020 Error when logging in to Cosmos Capacity Calculator RRS feed

• Question

• I got a AADSTS50020 Error when logging in to Cosmos Capacity Calculator.
    I'd like to do more detail calculation. Are there any settings?

==Error Detail==
    AADSTS50020: User account 'xxxx' from identity provider 'live.com' does not exist in tenant 'Microsoft' and cannot access the application '845bcd94-0e15-40b4-b7b8-40b0bd87d038'(Cosmos Capacity Calculator) in that tenant. The account needs to be added as an external user in the tenant first. Sign out and sign in again with a different Azure Active Directory user account.
    Tuesday, December 17, 2019 1:31 AM

Answers

• Hi Mike,

I resolved this issue following the support instruction below.

Many thanks to you!

==

Please create an Azure AD account and try to sign-in with the new account created.

<Add or delete users using Azure Active Directory>
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/fundamentals/add-users-azure-active-directory
    Tuesday, December 24, 2019 2:45 AM

All replies

• Hi Takahiro,

Are you able to use the Azure Cosmos Capacity Calculator without having to sign in? When you Sign In, you are able generate and same the calculations to a .csv file, to save locally. If you do not need to save the output, you do not need to sign in. 

I am able to use the capacity calculator without authenticating. 

When you sign in, you get the option to save the calculated result set to a .csv file. If you wish to sign in, do you have another email account you can use to register? 

Wednesday, December 18, 2019 1:46 AM
  • Thank you for your reply.

I can use the Azure Cosmos Capacity Calculator without having to sign in.

According to the following document, Capacity Planner has advanced mode.
    I'd like to use it.
    To use the advanced mode It should be sign in to the tool.
    Could you tell me how can I do that?

- Estimate provisioned throughput and cost using advanced mode https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cosmos-db/estimate-ru-with-capacity-planner#estimate-provisioned-throughput-and-cost-using-advanced-mode

Wednesday, December 18, 2019 7:52 AM
  • Thank you for this additional detail. As you can see, when you sign in you have the ability to add additional operations to arrive at a more accurate cost analysis.

Can you please attempt to login in with the same credentials used to access the Azure Portal? If you are using the same credentials, are you perhaps subscribing to Azure via a CSP (Cloud Service Provider) or through a 3rd Party? Can you send me the un-edited error message (that includes your email address and user account detail to AzCommunity, and I can escalate this issue to the Product Group. 

Thank you,

Mike

Wednesday, December 18, 2019 11:17 PM
  • Hi Mike,

Thank you for your advise.
    I used same credentials both Azure Portal and Azure Cosmos Capacity Calculator.
    I don't know whether my subscriptions are CSP or 3rd Party.
    I will email detail messages to AzCommunity.

Regards,

Thursday, December 19, 2019 12:59 AM
  • Hi Takahiro,

Can you also send me your Azure Subscription GUID. I send a link to a document that explains how to find this information although, it is in English. Can you send this to me via the email thread. 

Thank you!

Thursday, December 19, 2019 2:32 AM
  • Hi Mike,

I also sent my Azure Subscription GUID.
    Please have a check.

Regards,

Friday, December 20, 2019 4:20 AM
  • I sent you a set of steps to get a Support Request created. Please return the Support Request ID.

Thank you,

Mike

Friday, December 20, 2019 6:48 PM
  • Hi Mike,

I sent a support request and got a support request ID.
    And I emailed the ID to you.

Regards,

Saturday, December 21, 2019 4:15 AM
  • Hi Mike,

I resolved this issue following the support instruction below.

Many thanks to you!

==

Please create an Azure AD account and try to sign-in with the new account created.

<Add or delete users using Azure Active Directory>
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/fundamentals/add-users-azure-active-directory
    Tuesday, December 24, 2019 2:45 AM
  • Hi Takahiro,

Thank you very much for updating this thread with the resolution. This is great information to share. I am going to mark this as the answer so others can leverage this solution.

Thank you,

Mike

Thursday, December 26, 2019 5:25 PM