none
Import Internet Calendar in Outlook with SAML auth RRS feed

• Question

• Hello -

I need to subscribe to an Internet Calendar in Outlook (Office 365). The calendar I am trying to subscribe to is coming from a REST resource that I am implementing. I am trying to figure out if there is a way to share identity information between Outlook and my REST resource via ADFS/SAML. 

So basically, I am logged into Outlook. I'd like to synchronize an internet calendar via a REST resource. I'm already authenticated in Outlook, and I don't want to re-authenticate when I access the Internet Calendar. So the REST resource is basically like a Service Provider, ADFS as IDP and maybe Outlook as the browser(?)

The doc (https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/4025591/you-can-t-add-an-internet-calendar-in-outlook-2016) indicates that Outlook supports "modern authentication" and it "broadcasts" its ability to do modern auth. Does that apply in my case and what is the workflow? What should my Server respond with?

Thanks,
    Ash

Tuesday, June 5, 2018 1:52 PM

All replies

• Hello Ash,

This forum(Outlook for Developers) is for development issues related to Outlook Object Model and your problem is more related to Outlook product feature, so I would move this thread into Outlook IT Pro Discussions.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 6, 2018 2:47 AM
  • Hi Ash,

What is the REST resource in your description? Could you provide more details on it?

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, June 6, 2018 8:07 AM
  • hi Steve,

The REST resource just returns a Calendar. It's the authentication piece that I'm not clear on.

Thanks -

Ash

Wednesday, June 6, 2018 3:08 PM
  • Thanks Terry. Will do.
    Wednesday, June 6, 2018 3:09 PM
  • Hi Ash,

I noticed your another thread posted in the Community forum. It looks your question is more related to the REST resource, I'll move it to the Office 365 for Developers forum. Hope you could find an answer in the forum.

Thank you for your understanding. 

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, June 8, 2018 8:03 AM