IoT Hub message enrichment RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

We are trying to setup message enrichment in an IoT hub, without success. 

I only added a static key:

Really basic stuff here. But in the event hub, the message still land without that key, is there anything else we have to do? I'm a bit lost here ...

Thanks!

Wednesday, May 6, 2020 6:51 PM

Answers

• Sooooooooo: 

- Enrichment works: it's adding the extra properties in the properties of the message (sounds logical now)

- But, if you use an azure function just after the IoT Hub, using the IoT hub as the trigger directly ... you just get the body

==> So use the IoT Hub as an event hub

• Marked as answer by Patrick_R_ Wednesday, May 6, 2020 10:01 PM
    Wednesday, May 6, 2020 10:01 PM

All replies

• Is this working on your solutions (i guess so) ? when you make a change in the enrich section, is this applied instantly? 
    Wednesday, May 6, 2020 6:56 PM
  • Sooooooooo: 

- Enrichment works: it's adding the extra properties in the properties of the message (sounds logical now)

- But, if you use an azure function just after the IoT Hub, using the IoT hub as the trigger directly ... you just get the body

==> So use the IoT Hub as an event hub

• Marked as answer by Patrick_R_ Wednesday, May 6, 2020 10:01 PM
    Wednesday, May 6, 2020 10:01 PM
  • Hello,

Glad to hear that you are able to make it. Appreciate for sharing the resolution for your issue.

To understand more about how message enrichments are used, please see Use Azure IoT Hub message enrichments incase if you haven’t checked earlier.

Friday, May 8, 2020 8:20 AM