S1 for Satellite and S0 for other tiles RRS feed

• Question

• If I have a need to use Satellite map tiles, but also need to use other map style tiles, I am wondering if there is anything explicitly disallowing the use of two Azure Maps accounts -- one on S1 for the Satellite tiles, and one on S0 for all other tile styles (this is for an application with a 'style switch' that allows selecting the map style between Roads, Grayscale, or Satellite).

The reason I ask is that S1 has a pricing model where all requests are billed, while S0 has a pricing model with a free tier.  Our actual usage would probably fall into the free tier (and Road/Grayscale tiles would be covered, too), but we have the caveat of needing Satellite images, which are only available on the S1 tier.

Can I use an S0 account for Road/Grayscale map tiles, and a S1 account for Satellite map tiles?  Essentially running two maps accounts for the same application?

Monday, January 27, 2020 8:54 PM

Answers

• You can mix an match two accounts (S0/S1) in a single app. We have many customers who do this. Most of the time they do it for the REST services when they want to use some of the premium services, or may have one service they use heavily and need the higher QPS for, but not needed for their other service requests. If using the services module (web wrapper for services), simply create two pipelines, one for each account/key and use them as needed between the different services. When it comes to the interactive map control you can only specify one set of credentials to it, so using two keys their would be difficult. One solution is to have two map instances and switch between them (if you use tabs for this you can lazy load the second map). 
    • Proposed as answer by Ricky_Brundritt Monday, January 27, 2020 10:41 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aholt Tuesday, January 28, 2020 6:50 PM
    Monday, January 27, 2020 10:41 PM

All replies

• You can mix an match two accounts (S0/S1) in a single app. We have many customers who do this. Most of the time they do it for the REST services when they want to use some of the premium services, or may have one service they use heavily and need the higher QPS for, but not needed for their other service requests. If using the services module (web wrapper for services), simply create two pipelines, one for each account/key and use them as needed between the different services. When it comes to the interactive map control you can only specify one set of credentials to it, so using two keys their would be difficult. One solution is to have two map instances and switch between them (if you use tabs for this you can lazy load the second map). 
    • Proposed as answer by Ricky_Brundritt Monday, January 27, 2020 10:41 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aholt Tuesday, January 28, 2020 6:50 PM
    Monday, January 27, 2020 10:41 PM
  • Awesome.  thanks!
    Tuesday, January 28, 2020 6:50 PM