Problems installing 2008 robotics developers studio RRS feed

• Question

• I went through all the steps to install the program. After the installation wizard was finished, there was no icon to actually run the program. There were just a bunch of separate files. I also tried to run  "build all samples" like the instructions say, but it said some of the files were missing.
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 8:20 PM

Answers

• There should be an entry in the Start Menu for Microsoft Robotics Developer Studio. I am not aware of anyone else having problems with this.

You can start a DSS Command Prompt by creating a shortcut to the env.cmd in the Microsoft Robotics Dev Studio folder. Once you are at the command prompt, change to the samples folder and then run the BuildAllSamples.cmd. However, you do not need to do this to use the samples that are provided with RDS.

From the command prompt, enter the command:

dsshost32 /p:51000 /t:51001

If there are no errors, then RDS is installed OK. This does not start any services, so you will not see much. However it is the most basic step. You can also look in the Users Guide help file in the Documentation folder. It has a Getting Started section.

Trevor

Tuesday, November 1, 2011 4:00 AM

All replies

• Did you install from an Administrator account?

Do you have Visual Studio 2010 installed?

There should be an entry in the Start Menu.

Trevor

Friday, October 21, 2011 3:53 PM
  • I have Visual Studio 2010 installed, but I didn't try installing from an Administrator account.
    Friday, October 21, 2011 8:20 PM
  • I tried installing using the Administrator account, but it still didn't work.
    Friday, October 21, 2011 8:54 PM
  • I still can't diagnose the problem without more information. Did you see any error messages?

There should be an entry in the Start Menu. We have never see that fail.

Trevor

Saturday, October 22, 2011 9:43 PM
  • There are no error messages when I intall the program. The install wizard says the program has been successfully installed. When I search the start menu there is no icon to run the program. There is a file called Microsoft Robotics Dev Studio, but this just contains a bunch of individual files like bin, documentation, licenses, samples, etc. If I look in the sample folder there is an icon called "build all samples". When I click on it the command prompt pops up and gives two error messages saying that it can't find the imported projects "MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v9.0\WebApplications\Microsoft.WebApplication.targets", and "\MSBuild\Microsoft\Silverlight\v3.0\Microsoft.Silverlight.CSharp.targets". I don't know if this is related to why the overall program won't run.

Sunday, October 23, 2011 1:09 AM
  • There should be an entry in the Start Menu for Microsoft Robotics Developer Studio. I am not aware of anyone else having problems with this.

You can start a DSS Command Prompt by creating a shortcut to the env.cmd in the Microsoft Robotics Dev Studio folder. Once you are at the command prompt, change to the samples folder and then run the BuildAllSamples.cmd. However, you do not need to do this to use the samples that are provided with RDS.

From the command prompt, enter the command:

dsshost32 /p:51000 /t:51001

If there are no errors, then RDS is installed OK. This does not start any services, so you will not see much. However it is the most basic step. You can also look in the Users Guide help file in the Documentation folder. It has a Getting Started section.

Trevor

Tuesday, November 1, 2011 4:00 AM