Exchange 2010 SP2 Mailbox Plans RRS feed

• Question

• I mistakenly upgraded to the Beta of 1.2.2 which caused an issue I outlined in a previous post and I thought my other servers were working properly, but now I have discovered that I cannot create any new Exchange users in any Hosted Organization because WSP throws an error:  Sorry, an error occurred while processing your request.

I have tracked the problem down to Mailbox Plans.  Whenever I click that link in WSP, or try to create a new Exchange user, this error is thrown, and the logs reference a nonexistent Get-MailboxPlan cmdlet.  This button didn't exist in the previous version of WSP.  I don't even know what it's for.

I have tried to run Get-MailboxPlans on my Exchange Servers directly, but I am told the Get-MailBoxPlan is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet...  basically the same error as in WSP.

What to do?  I upgraded to 1.2.2 and now my Hosted Environment doesn't work.

Before the upgrade, everything was working.

My Exchange Servers are 2010 SP2 without the /hosting switch.
    Friday, July 20, 2012 11:24 PM

Answers

• Yes, as noted in the OP, I am running Exchange 2010 SP2 without /hosting

Doesn't much matter now, I am back on 1.2.1 anyway which does work.
    • Marked as answer by Lloyd Zhang Friday, July 27, 2012 6:16 AM
    Monday, July 23, 2012 1:56 PM

All replies

• WSP 1.2.2.1 brings new functionality - Mailbox Plans which are created per Hosted Organization. If you upgraded your production environment I am afraid that it would be better for you to downgrade to the previous version you used before.

Mailbox plans are one week old functionality, no documentation exists except of these changeset descriptions:

http://websitepanel.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/f7a2a666214a

http://websitepanel.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/633cab2abc77

But in your case it seems that WSP thinks ýou use /hosting switch. Did you apply Note for Exchange 2010 users described here http://websitepanel.codeplex.com/releases/view/77278 ?

-- Radek Dolezel

Saturday, July 21, 2012 2:52 PM
  • Yes, I have read and applied the note.

I did not use the /hosting switch nor have I ever used the /hosting switch.

After much reading, you are correct - I think Mailbox Plans (and the associated cmdlets) are a function of Exchange with /hosting so I'm unsure how this will ever work if the plan is to get rid of /hosting in the future.

I have downgraded already.  It's no big deal, but I just wasted a bunch of time trying to figure out why it broke with a simple upgrade.

I just wonder why this change was included when the previous solution worked and I can't see how this new functionality will work anyway without /hosting.

But, that's typical Microsoft - change the rules on us by trying to fix things that aren't broken in the first place.

Saturday, July 21, 2012 4:52 PM
  • Have you applied Exchange 2010 Service Pack 2?

Omar Armenteros Virtuworks

Sunday, July 22, 2012 2:13 PM
  • Yes, as noted in the OP, I am running Exchange 2010 SP2 without /hosting

Doesn't much matter now, I am back on 1.2.1 anyway which does work.
    • Marked as answer by Lloyd Zhang Friday, July 27, 2012 6:16 AM
    Monday, July 23, 2012 1:56 PM