none
Creators Program: Multi Scene Xbox Live Sign example crashing with ExecutionEngineException

Question

• I'm trying to take the Xbox Live Unity plugin and incorporate it into my game.  While the basic SignInAndProfile Unity Scene example works, as soon as I add another scene (and navigate to that scene at runtime), the app always crashes with an ExecutionEngineException after I sign out of Xbox Live (using the Xbox PC App; I'm running this on the PC).

I originally ran into this after incorporating the code into my game, and then I went back to the example, added a second scene that I can navigate to from the SignInAndProfile scene, and then found that even the Xbox Live plugin example suffers from the same issue.  I tried making the Unity projects support multiscene (i.e., called DontDestroyOnLoad on the instantiated XboxLiveUser object, and even disabled the event handlers for Microsoft.Xbox.Services.XboxLiveUser.SignOutCompleted, etc.), but the exception still happens.  I noticed the exception does NOT occur if I don't navigate away from the scene where the user originally signed in--it only occurs after I have left the scene I originally signed in.

Not only does the exception occur, clicking on the "Copy Details" link pulls up the error below:

Is this a known issue?  Is there something else that needs to be done to support sign-out events?  Is there a multi-scene profile sign-in/sign-out example that works that I can check out?

I can send my modified Unity project Xbox Live sign in example if it helps.

Version info:

• Unity version: 5.6.4f1
    • Visual Studio 2017 Version 15.4.1 for running/debugging Windows Store build
    • Visual Studio 2015 Update 2 for editing in Unity
    • Windows 10 Version 1703 (15063.850)

Thanks-

Mike

Tuesday, January 16, 2018 4:36 AM

Answers

• So I won't be able to test this with 1804 since I'm gonna stick with the 1711 release. I tried 1804 and I was still getting exceptions from the GameSaveProvider after suspending/resuming, so everything else being the same (and having work arounds for everything else), I figured I'd stick with the 1711 implementation that has been tried and tested for the last several months.
    • Marked as answer by Mike Palotas Thursday, May 3, 2018 6:35 PM
    Thursday, May 3, 2018 6:33 AM
  • From my side, absolutely! (I didn't know if we wanted to keep it open in case somebody else could verify that the underlying issue is fixed)

What's the best way to mark this as resolved?  Mark my last response as an answer?

Thanks-

Thursday, May 3, 2018 6:34 PM

All replies

• Hi Mike,

We are introducing a revamped sign in system with the next release that we believe will fix this. We'll make sure to update this thread with more info about the release.

Friday, February 9, 2018 11:06 PM
  • Just wanted to check in on this...has the new release come out yet?  If so, where can I get it?

Thanks!

Mike

Tuesday, April 3, 2018 9:53 PM
  • Hi Mike, 

I believe I've updated you on another thread, but to make sure you got this. The latest release of the Xbox Live Unity Plugin (v1804) just went out and should have your problem fixed: https://github.com/Microsoft/xbox-live-unity-plugin/releases/tag/v1804

Hope this resolves your issues!

Wednesday, May 2, 2018 1:09 AM
  • Thanks!

I'll see if either this or the other issue repros and update both threads-

Wednesday, May 2, 2018 1:18 AM
  • So I won't be able to test this with 1804 since I'm gonna stick with the 1711 release. I tried 1804 and I was still getting exceptions from the GameSaveProvider after suspending/resuming, so everything else being the same (and having work arounds for everything else), I figured I'd stick with the 1711 implementation that has been tried and tested for the last several months.
    • Marked as answer by Mike Palotas Thursday, May 3, 2018 6:35 PM
    Thursday, May 3, 2018 6:33 AM
  • Hi Mike,

If that's the case is the issue considered resolved? Please let us know.

-Brett

Thursday, May 3, 2018 5:09 PM
  • From my side, absolutely! (I didn't know if we wanted to keep it open in case somebody else could verify that the underlying issue is fixed)

What's the best way to mark this as resolved?  Mark my last response as an answer?

Thanks-

Thursday, May 3, 2018 6:34 PM
  • Hi Mike,

Thank you for letting us know. Yeah that works. I went ahead and marked it as answered for you.

Thank You,

Brett

Monday, May 7, 2018 5:37 PM