Execute SSIS from c# code RRS feed

• Question

• While excecuting ssis package from code i am facing some issues.

1. i have a taks which checks for a varible value to execute different set of tasks. i am setting the variable values in the code and passing that to the package. When i run the package from code it dosent execute.

2. If an intermediate task is disabled then the package dosent execute. But says the task is success.

Any help on these is much appreciated.

thanks in advance

Niranjan.N

Wednesday, January 12, 2011 3:32 PM

Answers

1. i have a taks which checks for a varible value to execute different set of tasks. i am setting the variable values in the code and passing that to the package. When i run the package from code it dosent execute.

2. If an intermediate task is disabled then the package dosent execute. But says the task is success.

thanks in advance

Niranjan.N

Not sure why are you using the c# code. Are you using it to set the variables and do the checking?

If thats the case I would advise you to use SSIS Configuration expressions and precedence constraint to check the variables set them up accordingly.

How and in which task are you inserting record to a DB? is there any condition being applied as a result nothing is getting nserted? did you check profiler to see if there was some activity?

Use SSIS logging to see what exactly is happeing and where is the flow stopping if at all or is there some other issue?

Have you disabled the very 1st task in the package and left the precedence constraint between the task and the remaining flow? if thats the case you need to delete the precedence constraint in order to execute the package.

Sudeep's Domain   Tweet me..
    Thursday, January 13, 2011 4:54 PM

All replies

• 1. What does "doesn't execute" mean?  Please be more specific - do you receive an error?  What's the return value?  Does any part of the package execute?

2. If you are disabling or enabling tasks, you're doing it wrong.  Disabling and enabling tasks is a BIDS debugging-only feature.  Its behaviour at runtime is undefined.  Does a task that depends on a disabled task "completing successfully" get to execute if the task never got executed?  Instead of enabling or disabling tasks, you should be using precedence constraints.

Todd McDermid's Blog Talk to me now on
    Wednesday, January 12, 2011 3:45 PM
  • Dosent execute in the sense, it does not start the package. i have set to tasks at the beginnig of th epackage which write some messages to teh database. it is not happening so. But the DTSExecResult returns success

Thursday, January 13, 2011 6:10 AM

thanks in advance

Niranjan.N

Not sure why are you using the c# code. Are you using it to set the variables and do the checking?

If thats the case I would advise you to use SSIS Configuration expressions and precedence constraint to check the variables set them up accordingly.

How and in which task are you inserting record to a DB? is there any condition being applied as a result nothing is getting nserted? did you check profiler to see if there was some activity?

Use SSIS logging to see what exactly is happeing and where is the flow stopping if at all or is there some other issue?

Have you disabled the very 1st task in the package and left the precedence constraint between the task and the remaining flow? if thats the case you need to delete the precedence constraint in order to execute the package.

Sudeep's Domain   Tweet me..
    Thursday, January 13, 2011 4:54 PM