Coded UI does not record mobile web app UI RRS feed

• Question

• Helo All,

Coded UI does not record mobile web app UI controls which is develpoed using MVC4 Architecture.

front end: Jquery

Server side validation: C#

Kindly let me know if you have any possible solutions to resolve this issue.

Thanks 

Tuesday, December 30, 2014 10:12 AM

Answers

• Hi Arulkumaran,

I doubt the third-party controls in your mobile application are not supported by Visual Studio Coded UI test. I suggest that you should check it on the author of the third-party controls or the official forums/community provided by the third-party.

You also can write your own coded UI test extension for 3<sup>rd</sup> party controls if the third-party does not implement coded UI support for their controls, please reference the following documents:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/visualstudioalm/archive/2011/10/28/coded-ui-test-extension-for-3rd-party-controls-the-basics-explained.aspx

Series on Coded UI Test Extensibility

Thanks,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Amanda Zhu Thursday, January 8, 2015 1:58 AM
    • Marked as answer by Amanda Zhu Monday, January 12, 2015 2:31 AM
    Monday, January 5, 2015 2:15 AM

All replies

• Hi Arulkumaran,

Whether the mobile web app controls are standard web controls instead of third-party web controls?

If they are the standard web controls, which type of browser are you using for Coded UI test? As far as I know, you use Safari for mobile web application, but Safari browser is not supported by VS Coded UI test. Please see: Supported Configurations and Platforms for Coded UI Tests and Action Recordings For VS Coded UI tests, we only can record actions in Internet Explorer browser.

Thanks,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, December 31, 2014 3:12 AM
  • Hi Arulkimaran,

Any update on this issue?

If I misunderstood you, please feel free to come back.

Thanks,

Friday, January 2, 2015 3:16 AM
  • Whether the mobile web app controls are standard web controls instead of third-party web controls? Our mobile app used third party controls.

We used to record IE 11 for the mobile web app but Coded UI did not record it. Please advise.
    Friday, January 2, 2015 11:26 AM
  • Whether the mobile web app controls are standard web controls instead of third-party web controls?
    Our mobile app used third party controls.

We used to record IE 11 for the mobile web app but Coded UI did not record it. Please advise.
    Friday, January 2, 2015 11:26 AM
  • Hi Arulkumaran,

I doubt the third-party controls in your mobile application are not supported by Visual Studio Coded UI test. I suggest that you should check it on the author of the third-party controls or the official forums/community provided by the third-party.

You also can write your own coded UI test extension for 3<sup>rd</sup> party controls if the third-party does not implement coded UI support for their controls, please reference the following documents:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/visualstudioalm/archive/2011/10/28/coded-ui-test-extension-for-3rd-party-controls-the-basics-explained.aspx

Series on Coded UI Test Extensibility

Thanks,

• Proposed as answer by Amanda Zhu Thursday, January 8, 2015 1:58 AM
    • Marked as answer by Amanda Zhu Monday, January 12, 2015 2:31 AM
    Monday, January 5, 2015 2:15 AM