none
DOCM file not saving on Microsoft Word 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am working on a DOCM file on Microsoft Word and the document won't save at all. When I click on the "save as" option or "save" nothing pops up, and there are no changes to the document. When I try to exit out of the document, I get a prompt that asks if I want to save the document, and when I click "yes" nothing happens and I can't exit the document without clicking "no." I've tried to save the file on two different computers--Windows Vista Home Premium and Windows 8.1--Microsoft Office 2010 and 2007. Nothing works. I've even upgraded the 2007 to 2010 to see if it was compatibility issue.

Does anyone know how to save the documents as a DOCM? I have to enable the macros and retain them. Please let me know. Thank you so much!!!

Tuesday, October 7, 2014 9:16 PM

All replies

• Hi flutterby1,

According to your description, I would like to know do you install some specific add-ins for your office. If that is the case, please disable these add-in.

Then, please try to create a new DOCM file and check whether you could save it.

1. If you can’t save it, please repair office.
    2. If you can save it, how do you get that DOCM file and what's the macros code like? Please share it on the OneDrive.

If you have the issue about using office, you could post it to the Microsoft Office forum.

Best Regards

Starain Chen

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, October 8, 2014 10:00 AM