none
SDV - mismatch in prototype for StorPortReadRegisterUlong64 RRS feed

• Question

• I'm running into problems running SDV against my Storport Miniport driver. I'm running VS 2013 WDK 8.1.  I'm targeting Win 8/x64. 

The SDV is showing the following failure: 

error C2198: 'sdv_StorPortReadRegisterUlong64' : too few arguments for call

storport.h has the following definition:
    #define StorPortReadRegisterUlong64(h, r) READ_REGISTER_ULONG64(r)

In my WDK, sdv_storport.h (I assume this is where SDV gets its version of the storport file) has this:
    #ifdef StorPortReadRegisterUlong64
    #undef StorPortReadRegisterUlong64
    #endif
    #define StorPortReadRegisterUlong64 sdv_StorPortReadRegisterUlong64

ULONG
    FORCEINLINE
    sdv_StorPortReadRegisterUlong64(
        PVOID HwDeviceExtension,
        volatile PULONG64 Register,
        PULONG64 Value
        );

So, I understand why SDV thinks that is an error. I don't understand why SDV doesn't match storport.h.

The code compiles and runs correctly. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Saturday, February 1, 2014 10:45 PM

Answers

• For now, to get around this, I edited sdv_storport.h so it's function prototype for sdv_StorPortReadRegisterUlong64 matches that prototype in Storport.h (I simply removed the 3rd parm).  If you think that work-around is ok, I'll stick with it. But if you think I should do something else, let me know. Thanks.

Monday, February 3, 2014 9:11 PM

All replies

• Hi my name is Conal McGarvey and I work on the SDV development team at Microsoft.

I believe this is an issue in our SDV platform model for Storport.

I am working on a fix for this issue. If this issue is blocking you perhaps I can share the fix with you to get you unblocked?

Thanks Conal.

Monday, February 3, 2014 8:52 PM
  • For now, to get around this, I edited sdv_storport.h so it's function prototype for sdv_StorPortReadRegisterUlong64 matches that prototype in Storport.h (I simply removed the 3rd parm).  If you think that work-around is ok, I'll stick with it. But if you think I should do something else, let me know. Thanks.

Monday, February 3, 2014 9:11 PM
  • Yes I think this workaround is ok  for now.

Thanks Con.

Tuesday, February 4, 2014 7:44 PM