[Outlook Form Region] Copy/Cut/Paste (with keyboard) on TextBox does not work ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I'm using an Outlook Form Region with different TextBoxx and I want to copy/cut/paste by using my keyboard nut it doesn't work. Is it normal ? On a normal WindowsForm, it works fine.....

Any ideas ?

Thanks !

Friday, October 26, 2007 8:26 AM

Answers

• Hi Thomas,

Hopefully you have not spent much time on this issue. We recently identified that Cut / Copy / Paste shortcuts do not work for adjoining form regions and Cut / Paste shortcuts do not work for all other kind of form regions. We are working on a fix for this. 

Something to add here is that some preliminary testing shows that the shortcuts are filtered before they get to your managed control, so trying to add an KeyDown event handler will not work as workaround.

-Daniel

Thursday, November 8, 2007 8:29 PM

All replies

•  

Nobody got an idea ?

Thanks!

Saturday, November 3, 2007 11:22 AM
  • Hi Thomas,

Hopefully you have not spent much time on this issue. We recently identified that Cut / Copy / Paste shortcuts do not work for adjoining form regions and Cut / Paste shortcuts do not work for all other kind of form regions. We are working on a fix for this. 

Something to add here is that some preliminary testing shows that the shortcuts are filtered before they get to your managed control, so trying to add an KeyDown event handler will not work as workaround.

-Daniel

Thursday, November 8, 2007 8:29 PM
  • Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your response. In fact, I've spent sometimes to implement this and finally post here because I tought it was a bug (that you have just confirmed).

I will now wait for the fix !

Thanks and good luck Wink

Thursday, November 8, 2007 10:34 PM
  • Hi Daniel,

Can you confirme me that this bug is now solved ? Indeed, I've uninstall Beta 2 to install the RTM of VS 2008 and the bug seems to still be there.....

Thanks !

Monday, November 19, 2007 11:05 PM
  •  

I am sorry to say that this bug is still in the RTM build ( you know that VS2008 RTM was announced today  - http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/default.aspx - and the time between when detected the bug and RTM was not enough to fix the issue).  I will try to update this thread when the fix becomes available.

- Daniel

Monday, November 19, 2007 11:51 PM
  • Hi Daniel,

Could you send me an email as soon as the fix is available ? My email is: lebrun_thomas@nospam_hotmail.com (remove nospam_)

Thanks !

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 11:02 AM
  • Issue is fixed in Office 2007 Enterprise SP2 nad later versions however issue still exist in the Office 2007 standard version.
    Wednesday, February 3, 2010 7:18 AM
  •  

I am sorry to say that this software bug is still in the RTM build ( you know that VS2008 RTM was announced today  - http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/default.aspx - and the time between when detected the bug and RTM was not enough to fix the issue).  I will try to update this thread when the fix becomes available.

- Daniel

When can it be solved? Many thanks to your description! Finally got the certain info.
    Sunday, August 15, 2010 2:00 AM