none
How to enable Outlook From Filed ribbon under options tab c# RRS feed

• Question

• Hi , 

we have developed a custom outlook plugin for outlook 2010 , as part of the plugin we have to send on behalf emails, but when i create a new email using plugin From field (under options tab) is grayed out (disabled) and hence i could not see the From field before the To field.However with out plugin from field is enabled.

Please suggest how to enable the From field button under options tab using c#.

Wednesday, January 31, 2018 2:21 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You had mentioned that,"However with out plugin from field is enabled."

Are you using multiple accounts or a single account in Outlook?

If you are using multiple accounts then From button will be disabled, like below.

Then I made a test with Outlook with single account.

I find that If I create a mail using Add in. then also 'From' button is display.

You can try to check on your side and let us know about the result.

If issue persist then try to provide a sample code to reproduce the issue.

We will try to make a test on our side.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 1, 2018 8:50 AM
  • Sorry for the late reply, and thank you Deepak.

it help for me and i was able to resolve by using another control. 

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 10:39 AM
  • Hi outlook address From Field has disabled in outlook,

From your last post, I can see that your issue is solved now.

This thread is still open. I suggest you to post your solution and mark it as an answer.

so that we can close this thread.

further, it will be helpful to other community member who have same kind of issue in future.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 1:12 AM