none
Additional security verification option missing RRS feed

• Question

• We have Conditional Access enabled by Groups. However, the option for Additional Security Verification option is missing in the My Account > Security & Privacy option in 365. I do see the option in those users where MFA is enabled in the legacy location.

Does this mean that any user where CA is applied does not see this option and can only get to these settings using https://aka.ms/setupmfa?

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 5:13 PM

All replies

• Hi Brian,

This has happened to me before and usually happens if there is a client side cookie problem. The issue can be addressed if you clear your cookies and browser cache. Alternatively you can go to myapps.microsoft.com, click the Profile link in the upper right hand corner, and edit the security information from there. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/user-help/multi-factor-authentication-end-user-manage-settings

Let me know if this helps! 

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 9:41 PM
  • Yes, that is correct and user needs to visit aka.ms/setupmfa to update the MFA settings.  You can also use PowerShell command to check the mfa status of a user -

Connect-MsolService
    $User = Get-MSolUser -UserPrincipalName user@domain.com
    $User.StrongAuthenticationMethods
    Also if you need to check the MFA status for all users you can always make that possible with the help of a PowerShell script by using a specific group where you have all the users present. Please use the below script for the same.
    $filepath = ''
    Get-MsolGroupMember -GroupObjectId  -MemberObjectTypes User -All | Get-MsolUser | Where {$_.UserPrincipalName} | Select UserPrincipalName, DisplayName, Country, Department, Title, @{n="MFA"; e={$_.StrongAuthenticationRequirements.State}}, @{n="Methods"; e={($_.StrongAuthenticationMethods).MethodType}}, @{n="Default Method"; e={($_.StrongAuthenticationMethods).IsDefault}} | Export-Csv -Path $filepath

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 9:44 PM