none
SharePoint Calendar doesn't work RRS feed

• Question

• For the calendar's description in SharePoint Online, it can sync calendar events with Outlook, but what we are finding is that the synchronization can not work, the event isn't shown in outlook when I add it in SharePoint Calendar

Thursday, July 18, 2019 6:56 AM

Answers

• Hi, Byron,

First I want to confirm some information with your issue. "the event isn't shown in outlook when I add it in SharePoint Calendar"

Do you mean that you cannot see the new events in the Outlook Calendar? 

The Sync between SharePoint Calendar and Outlook Calendar is more like a manual process. You can check the detailed steps here:https://sharepointmaven.com/sync-sharepoint-with-outlook/

In short word, the sync between Outlook and SharePoint makes you be able to see the SharePoint Calendar in Outlook and copy/edit events between the two calendars. The Sync does not mean all changes to SharePoint Calendar will be automatically synced to Outlook Calendar. 

You can check the below pic, the left one is the Outlook Calendar and the right one is the SharePoint Calendar. You can drag&drop to move events between them. 

If there is any other issue, please provide us with a screenshot, the version of you outlook and more information about how the issue is like. 

Best Regards

Jerry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Marked as answer by Byron1115 Friday, July 19, 2019 6:10 AM
    Friday, July 19, 2019 2:32 AM

All replies

• FYI

https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/article/sharepoint-online-creating-calendar-app-and-synchronise-a-sharepoint-online-cal/

Justin Liu Office Apps & Services MVP, MCSE
    Senior Software Engineer
    Please Vote and Mark as Answer if it helps you.

Thursday, July 18, 2019 8:09 AM
  • Hi, Byron,

First I want to confirm some information with your issue. "the event isn't shown in outlook when I add it in SharePoint Calendar"

Do you mean that you cannot see the new events in the Outlook Calendar? 

The Sync between SharePoint Calendar and Outlook Calendar is more like a manual process. You can check the detailed steps here:https://sharepointmaven.com/sync-sharepoint-with-outlook/

In short word, the sync between Outlook and SharePoint makes you be able to see the SharePoint Calendar in Outlook and copy/edit events between the two calendars. The Sync does not mean all changes to SharePoint Calendar will be automatically synced to Outlook Calendar. 

You can check the below pic, the left one is the Outlook Calendar and the right one is the SharePoint Calendar. You can drag&drop to move events between them. 

If there is any other issue, please provide us with a screenshot, the version of you outlook and more information about how the issue is like. 

Best Regards

Jerry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, July 19, 2019 2:32 AM
  • Thanks for your reply, It isn't shown in calendar after clicking connect to outlook online.

I have do more tests, if I deploy Office 365 pro and configure outlook client, it works for me.

• Unmarked as answer by Byron1115 Friday, July 19, 2019 6:10 AM
    Friday, July 19, 2019 6:10 AM