none
Outlook add-in > How to know if all the invitees have accepted the meeting request? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am developing an Outlook add-in for Office 2010/2013/2016. The requirement is to send an automated email to BOSS if "All the invitees to the meeting" have accepted the meeting request.

Can someone guide me on how to identify if all the invitees have accepted the meeting request or what are the possible ways to do this?

Thanks,

-Vinay Pugalia
    If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post or "Vote as Helpful".
    Web : Inkey Solutions
    Blog : My Blog
    Email : Vinay Pugalia

Tuesday, March 22, 2016 7:56 AM

Answers

• Hello Vinay,

You may check out the Recipients collection of the Meeting/Appointment item in Outlook. The MeetingResponseStatus property of the Recipient class returns an OlResponseStatus constant indicating the overall status of the response to the meeting request for the recipient.

• Marked as answer by vinaypugalia Wednesday, March 23, 2016 2:34 PM
    Tuesday, March 22, 2016 9:12 AM

All replies

• Hello Vinay,

You may check out the Recipients collection of the Meeting/Appointment item in Outlook. The MeetingResponseStatus property of the Recipient class returns an OlResponseStatus constant indicating the overall status of the response to the meeting request for the recipient.

• Marked as answer by vinaypugalia Wednesday, March 23, 2016 2:34 PM
    Tuesday, March 22, 2016 9:12 AM
  • Hello Eugene,

Thanks for giving me the direction.

Just to re-confirm, will the response status be "Accepted" only if ALL the invitees have accepted the request?

Also, is there any way in which we can get it from the mail server. The reason for asking this is, the email to the BOSS is to be sent the moment the last invitee's ACCEPT request is received & in case the outlook client of the sender is in close state @ that time, the email to the boss will be delayed..hoping I am able to explain the requirement.

Please guide.

-Vinay Pugalia
    If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post or "Vote as Helpful".

Tuesday, March 22, 2016 1:00 PM
  • MeetingResponseStatus property is set on a particular Recipient. Loop through the recipients in the AppointmentItem.Recipeints collection and check that property for each recipient.

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
    http://www.dimastr.com/redemption
    Redemption - what the Outlook
    Object Model should have been
    Version 5.5 is now available!

Tuesday, March 22, 2016 1:55 PM
  • Hello Dmitry,

Thanks for the clarification.

Could you please also guide me on my 2nd point? i.e. is there any way in which we can directly query the email server to check the Recipient status. I would like to know about this as in case Outlook is CLOSED, then also we can find out if all the Recipient have accepted the request or not.

Please guide.

-Vinay Pugalia

Wednesday, March 23, 2016 6:28 AM
  • So what you are asking is whether it is possible to access the recipient status without using the Outlook Object Model? In case of Exchange server, you can use EWS. Or you can use Redemption and its RDO family of objects.

Wednesday, March 23, 2016 2:03 PM
  • Great sharing Dmitry !

Could you please also guide on what could be done if the mail server is something else than the Exchange Server?

I mean is there any common library/service/anything which caters all of the mail servers?

-Vinay Pugalia

Wednesday, March 23, 2016 2:29 PM
  • No, of course not. There is nothing in common between Exchange Server and, for example, Lotus Notes.

Wednesday, March 23, 2016 2:41 PM
  • So, can I take this as we have to write mail server specific code for every server we need to support?

-Vinay Pugalia

Wednesday, March 23, 2016 2:46 PM
  • Yes.

Wednesday, March 23, 2016 2:55 PM
  • Thanks a lot for your quick response :)

-Vinay Pugalia

Wednesday, March 23, 2016 2:56 PM
  • Hello Dmitry,

Just want to share a thought with you and validate if this is possible or not.

Is there any possibility that we use the Outlook dll/com reference and then setup an account @ run time and then connect to any mail server and query it as required.

Please guide.

-Vinay Pugalia

Friday, March 25, 2016 4:14 AM
  • Don't know about "any server", but you can connect to a server that Outlook supports.  You can then query locally stored appointments.

Friday, March 25, 2016 6:04 AM
  • Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

These are helpful.

-Vinay Pugalia

Friday, March 25, 2016 10:21 AM