none
errors while converting EDI to XML RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

well i am converting the EDI document to XML,i have already created the recieve pipeline and ports and locations.

project is deployed properly,but when i am dropping the EDI document to the input location,it gets away from there but not reaching to the destination.

IT COME UP WITH THE FOLLOWING TWO ERRORS:

1>>

There was a failure executing the receive pipeline: "D96APROJECT.ReceiveEDI, D96APROJECT, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9356349228b38884" Source: "Pipeline " Receive Port: "ReceiveEDI" URI: "D:\Projects\CURRENT PROJECTS\INPUTEDI\*.txt" Reason: The 'IsContrlReceipt' attribute is not declared.

AND

2>>

Error encountered during parsing. The Edifact interchange with id '2340', with sender id '9377777130737', receiver id '9300614000009' had the following errors:

Error: 1 (Field level error)

SegmentID: UNB

Position in TS: 1

Data Element ID: UNB2.2

Position in Segment: 3

Position in Field: 2

Data Value: ZZ

12: Invalid value in data element

Error: 2 (Field level error)

Data Element ID: UNB3.2

Position in Segment: 4

12: Invalid value in data element

Error: 3 (Field level error)

Data Element ID: UNB9

Position in Segment: 9

Data Value: 1 UNG

39: Data element too long

Error: 4 (Field level error)

Data Element ID: UNB11

Position in Segment: 11

Data Value:

37: Invalid character(s) found in data element

Error: 5 (Field level error)

Data Value: METCASH-AC3:ZZ

Error: 6 (Field level error)

Data Value:

16: Too many elements

plz help me out with this and let me know the workarounds.....ASAP

Thanks in advance

Ramjeet

Tuesday, March 4, 2008 10:22 AM

All replies

•  

I didn't look at the schema in formulating the below answers, and of course your data would be prime suspect.  The error messages are clear on what the issues are, but if you do not have EDI experience they may be hard to interpret.  Fundamentally, they all point to your data not being correct for the schema.  As noted, you may modify the schema if needed to handle the data if the data is what your trading partner desires.

1.  Your Data elements UNB2.2 and UNB3.2 contain the invalid code, "ZZ".  These elements have specific lists of allowable codes.  This code must be added to the list for each UNB2.2 and UNB3.2 element in the schema for each unique UNB segment.

Element ID: UNB2.2

Position in Segment: 3

Data Element ID: UNB3.2

Position in Segment: 4

2.  You have incorrect values in your UNB9 element.  The value "1 UNG" is too long for the defined length of the element.  Check the max length of the UNB9 element and correct your data.  If you and your trading partner agree, both may increase the max length, in which case you would modify your schema.

Data Element ID: UNB9

Position in Segment: 9

Data Value: 1 UNG

39: Data element too long

3.  You have bad data in an UNB11 element.  Often this error occurs when you put a space in a mandatory element to avoid failing for missing mandatory.  If this is the situation and you have no valid data for the element, you may have to change the element to optional in the schema.

Data Value:

4.  You have an invalid character in an UNB11 element.  This could be either the '-' or the ':', or both, depending on the character set you are using and on what separators you using.  If this is an outbound transaction, you can use a script to remove or replace the offending character

Data Value: METCASH-AC3:ZZ

5.  You have too many UNB11 elements in an UNB segment.  This is normally caused by either too many data items in the input or because the UNB segment is not looping properly causing too many elements in the same UNB.

Data Value:

16: Too many elements

Regards,

Jim

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 5:48 PM
  • Thank you very much jim,
    the resolution provided by u is gr8,i have done that
    but could u please do me a favour as

1>i have created the schema already and am able to get the sender and receivers ids and some identifiers

2>able to get it all in the XML

my problem is :
    i am not able to get whole of the intended data that is in my EDI document....
    could u plz let me know what are the settings that i can do on the schema and what are the settings which i can do on the admin console of the biz talk server...

Thanks and have a great day

Ramjeet

Friday, March 14, 2008 6:01 AM