Link Relationships between Lists RRS feed

• Question

• I am using a template that is in my parent company's gallery or collection. It has two pre-made lists, Bugs and Bug Categories. There is a link between the two as when I create a category, it shows up as an option in a drop-down box in the Bugs NewForm list. What I would like to know is how to edit or view this relationship. I want to find out what it is based on as it appears that I can only create this pre-defined list with the default name, Bug Categories. Since I don't know what the relationship/link depends on, its easy to accidentally break the link and the only way is to make from scratch again.

I hope I explained this well enough and I think this should be an easy enough question but my google search aren't too helpful or relevant. If I didn't explain it well enough, I can get more detailed or even include screenshots. Thank you.

Monday, March 19, 2012 5:52 AM

All replies

• HI, 

There might be a column which type is lookup and the datasource for the column is the category list , if you want to check the relationship between these lists just go through the list definition of the bugs list in that column there is reference of the look up column of category list.

Anil

Monday, March 19, 2012 7:07 AM
  • Anil, there is one column called category that is a look up but if I change the name of the list, it breaks any relationships so it cannot be its only dependency.

I was however, able to load the lists into access and see the relationships. I had two lists that were supposed to have a relationship but ended up not having any link. Unfortunately, even after making a relationship, it did not link them on SharePoint.

I should also mention that our parent company controls our SP server and all I have access is full control to a our company's child site which is probably why I do not see any list definitions.

Monday, March 26, 2012 5:56 PM