Turn off source control RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using Web Expressions 4 and very occasionally VS Express 2013 For Web.

I have only 1 file (so far I know of) that is under Team Foundation Source Control (checked out).

It doesn't appear to be anything running my IIS.

I don't use and it isn't installed Team Foundation Server on my local box. MSDN help for Web Expressions 4 indicates I should have some right-click properties to "check-in" the page but they are not there.

I am a 1 man shop and have no need / want for Team Foundation Server or the ability to check-in or check-out pages.

Please help me to disable this feature and allow me to easily make changes to the page in WE4 without these issues.

BTW I have only identified this 1 page, all the other pages are easily editable.

Thank You.

Thank You, Randy C

Tuesday, October 7, 2014 2:03 PM

Answers

• Hi Randy C,

Thanks for your post.

According to your description, you want to unbind the source control for your project.

To unbind version controlled projects and solutions to Visual Studio

1. Highlight the project or solution you wish to unbind in Team Foundation version control in Solution Explorer.

2. On the File menu, click Source Control, and then click Advanced Change Source Control.

3. In the Change Source Control dialog box, highlight the solution or project you wish to unbind from version control, and in the toolbar, click Unbind.

See: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms181375(v=vs.100).aspx

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Cece Dong Monday, October 13, 2014 3:13 AM
    Wednesday, October 8, 2014 9:01 AM
  • Hi Randy,

If you don't even use TFS, it's hard to trouble shoot your issue in TFS forum. Do you have other useful information or logs? And I'd like to confirm with you have you used Visual Studio Online?

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

• Marked as answer by web slinger Wednesday, October 22, 2014 12:59 PM
    Wednesday, October 22, 2014 9:44 AM

All replies

• Hi Randy C,

Thanks for your post.

According to your description, you want to unbind the source control for your project.

To unbind version controlled projects and solutions to Visual Studio

1. Highlight the project or solution you wish to unbind in Team Foundation version control in Solution Explorer.

2. On the File menu, click Source Control, and then click Advanced Change Source Control.

3. In the Change Source Control dialog box, highlight the solution or project you wish to unbind from version control, and in the toolbar, click Unbind.

See: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms181375(v=vs.100).aspx

• Marked as answer by Cece Dong Monday, October 13, 2014 3:13 AM
    Wednesday, October 8, 2014 9:01 AM
  • Sorry I didn't make clear.

I am not even running Team Foundation version control...anywhere.

The website runs on a Linux box somewhere in the upper miswest. My WE4 operates directly on the LIVE website.

So I can't "turn it off". I only get this error on the single page I mentioned.

Thanks though.

Currently I have to save changes to my desktop, then go through the website control panel and delete the file and use control panel to upload the file.

A pain!

Thank You, Randy C

Monday, October 13, 2014 2:37 PM
  • Hi Randy C,

Could you let us know what error you meet when you edit the particular page? Please share us your error message, screenshot will be better.

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 1:45 AM

• Thank You, Randy C

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 1:00 PM
  • Hi,

I can see nothing in your reply, do you have any update?

Thursday, October 16, 2014 8:58 AM
  • Hi,

Not sure why image did not upload properly.

Try again...

Thank You, Randy C

• Edited by web slinger Thursday, October 16, 2014 1:08 PM
    Thursday, October 16, 2014 1:06 PM
  • Hi Randy C,

How did you get the page under TFS source control? Could you please try to re-create this page, simply copy and paste the content in the page?

Friday, October 17, 2014 8:22 AM
  • Hi,

I can do noting to the page.

Can't delete, can't save, can't create another page then rename it.

There are no TFS controls to turn off or on.

I tried deleting from Control panel, open up WE4 did a refresh and recalculate hyperlinks, then returned to control panel and recreated the file, then tried to make a change in WE4...still getting same error.

Thank You, Randy C

Friday, October 17, 2014 1:35 PM
  • Hi Randy C,

Since you even don't have TFS, why is this file under source control? Is your issue due to TFS?

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 9:27 AM
  • Now you understand why I am looking for help.

Thank you for your suggestions though.

You were the only one to try and help.

Thank You

This page is php "inserted" into a master page.

Page contents

<p><b><span style="font-size: 15pt; color: #FF0000">La Posada </span></b>event plan is well under way with the lighted boat parades being
    the showcase.<br><br>The event kickoff with the annual La Posada Pre-Party at
    scuttlebutts Seafood Bar and Grill on December 2nd from 5:00 til the end.<br>It
    features silent/Live auctions, door prizes, band, face painting, food and
    drinks.<br><br>Bring a Toy for the Marines &quot;Toys for Tots&quot; Program.<br><br>
    December 6th is the La Posada Christmas Tree Lighting Party at Port Royal Resort
    from 6:00 p.m. til 10:00 p.m.<br>It features Christmas Songs, Santa Claus
    lighting the tree, Marines in Dress Uniforms with color guard presentation, food
    and drinks.<br><br>December 12 North Padre Island Lighted Boat Parade begins at
    7:00 p.m.<br>Bring &quot;Toys for Tots&quot;.<br><br>December 13th is the Grand Finale
    South Padre Island Lighted Boat Parade<br>Begins at 6:00 p.m.<br><br>Viewing
    from the Padre Island Yacht Club is open to the public with cookies and punch
    provided.<br><br>Please Bring a Toy for Tots.<br><br>More to come.</p>

Thank You, Randy C

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 1:15 PM
  • Hi Randy,

If you don't even use TFS, it's hard to trouble shoot your issue in TFS forum. Do you have other useful information or logs? And I'd like to confirm with you have you used Visual Studio Online?

• Marked as answer by web slinger Wednesday, October 22, 2014 12:59 PM
    Wednesday, October 22, 2014 9:44 AM