none
Can an Ndis Intermediate driver be forced to run on one core ? RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

So as to patch an old software suite on XP systems, i wish to know if it is possible to force the execution of a driver (Ndis intermediate driver) on a single core ?

I used once the SetProcessAffinityMask() method for applicative parts, but i couldn't add the associated <windows.h> in the Ndis driver project has several macros are not understood (DWORD,...)

As an intermediate driver has one Kernel layer and one user layer, may be it can be set on one of the 2 layers or both ?

thans for yours answers,

Maxime Bianchi

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 5:16 PM

Answers

• no, you can't force a kernel mode component to execute only on one core. fix your bugs.

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 5:35 PM

All replies

• no, you can't force a kernel mode component to execute only on one core. fix your bugs.

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 5:35 PM
  • thanks for your answer. I know that bugs should be fixed, but i was looking for a quick and dirty answer due to political issues. 

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 9:49 AM
  • that is a pretty heavy hammer to apply to the machine. you are effecting all drivers and perf, not just your driver. never mind the complexity of a setup app actually doing this

Thursday, November 22, 2012 2:16 AM
  • Hi,

yes i have a solution from the beggining which to de-activate the Hyper-Threading option in BIOS. But this solution is not acceptable for now by  my customer.

Thursday, November 22, 2012 9:45 AM