Multi language site RRS feed

• Question

• User-436087071 posted

Hello all, I am not a .NET guy. I can barely work with PHP Embarassed but i am tasked with trying to create the option of a second language on an existing .NET site.

I know there are a few approaches to this but I am hoping to get some help from those in the know (you...).

I worked recently with a PHP script that had "language" files which were nothing more than words and phrases assigned to variables. In the site itself, those variables would be used to display the text where it need be. I would like to put in place something along these lines as working with a database is a bit too much for this particular setup.

Has anyone ever worked with a setup like this in ASP.NET and if so, could I get some direction on how to go about doing so?

For example, when I include a variable in the page, how would I go about making sure the proper language file (i.e. english.aspx) is being used? Would I have to work with cookies to do so, or session variables for example?

I dont have access to visual studio, im a front end guy, is is possible to include the language file in a similar way as I would include any old external file, like a sidebar.aspx or menu.aspx?

Plz excuse me if this is a bit blurry, I am feeling my way in the dark here. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thursday, April 28, 2011 8:15 AM

All replies