Get mailbox from appointment RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm trying to create a calendar-view on a webpage to display the availability of some meeting rooms, as they are scheduled in Exchange.
    I have an web application application which gets appointments from several accounts on Exchange. The accounts are defined by their emailaddress (and are placed in a list).

Below you see how I add the accounts/mailboxes

foreach (string emailAddress in emailAddresses)
          {
            DistinguishedFolderIdType otherCalendar = new DistinguishedFolderIdType();
            otherCalendar.Id = DistinguishedFolderIdNameType.calendar;
            EmailAddressType otherMailbox = new EmailAddressType();
            otherMailbox.EmailAddress = emailAddress;
            otherCalendar.Mailbox = otherMailbox;

folderIDs.Add(otherCalendar);
    }

After some more code gets executed and properties are set, I perform the "find" action Here I perform the find
    FindItemResponseType findItemResponse = Service.FindItem(findItemRequest);

Then, from the findItemResponse object I see there are as many items as accounts I defined. I assume each item stands for 1 account.

But... (and here comes my question) Is there a possibility to see what account/mailbox an item (FindItemResponseMessageType or CalendarItemType) belongs to? When I query Exchange for the appointments, I do get a list, but I don't seem to find the account the appointment belongs to.

Any help would be appreciated!

Regards,
    Hans

Friday, April 30, 2010 12:25 PM

Answers

• I was doing some further research, and I noticed the "Resources" property of my CalendarItemType objects are always empty. Is that normal? Or would it be possible that something went wrong at the meeting room integration?

Hans,

This forum is for the support of the Open Specifications Documentation. Your question is not relevant to this set of published specifications. You should try asking your question again on the Development Forum for Exchange. This forum seems better suited for your question.

Thank you.

Dominic Michael Salemno
    Senior Support Escalation Engineer
    US-CSS DSC Protocols Team

Friday, April 30, 2010 4:04 PM

All replies

• I was doing some further research, and I noticed the "Resources" property of my CalendarItemType objects are always empty. Is that normal? Or would it be possible that something went wrong at the meeting room integration?
    Friday, April 30, 2010 2:13 PM

Hans,

This forum is for the support of the Open Specifications Documentation. Your question is not relevant to this set of published specifications. You should try asking your question again on the Development Forum for Exchange. This forum seems better suited for your question.

Thank you.

Dominic Michael Salemno
    Senior Support Escalation Engineer
    US-CSS DSC Protocols Team

Friday, April 30, 2010 4:04 PM