none
Connect Excel 2013 Timeline slicer to all pivot tables in workbook using VBA RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have created 200 sheets from a pivot table using the "Show Report filter pages" option under pivot table.  I have also created a timeline slicer using the original pivot table.  I would like to use VBA to connect all the pivot tables in the workbook to the timeline slicer. All the pivot tables are listed in the slicer report connections window but selecting 200 manually is quite a pain and when the data is refreshed there can be additional pivot tables created.

I would like to use VBA to select all the pivot tables in the report connections window for the timeline slicer.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Walter

• Edited by yangsan01 Tuesday, January 26, 2016 6:13 PM
    Tuesday, January 26, 2016 6:12 PM

All replies

• Hi Walter,

Based on my research, the isn’t the change event of timeline slicer that we could capture to know when or what user selected.

I think you may need to capture Pivot table update event, then do other things with other pivot tables.

# Worksheet.PivotTableUpdate Event (Excel)

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/ff822105.aspx

Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 7:49 AM