none
Tried to grow the Fusion Voxel on Z with no success... RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I tried a lot of different combinations to resize my Fusion Voxel and nothing change when I tried to make it bigger on Z axis. I played with the 4 variables VoxelsSizeX, VoxelsSizeY, VoxelsSizeZ and RawDepthHeightWithSpecialRatio, and also VoxelsPerMeter. The only parameter that changed something was the VoxelsPerMeter, if the value is bigger than 256.0 then the distance between 3d points goes smaller and the voxel reduce on all axis, and the reverse if the number is smaller the distance is bigger but the volume doesn't change. Maybe I don't understand exactly how it works, maybe you can help me to figure it out?

I need to be able to make the fusion on a voxel with a maximum Z value of 2.0 meter. At the moment with 384 on X, Y and Z at a VoxelPerMeter at 256.0, I just can make the fusion with a maximum z value of 1.5 meter.

Thanks in advance!
    Jeff

Sunday, June 28, 2015 6:04 PM

Answers

• Hi Jacob,

Thank you for the nice answer. I will give it a go with the info you gave me!

• Marked as answer by jfroberge Saturday, February 6, 2016 2:40 PM
    Sunday, July 5, 2015 12:51 PM

All replies

• Not knowing how much you know, I'll just give a basic run down of what I've learned.

Voxels are pixels with volume.

The resolution in fusion is based off of how many voxels are in a meter.

The size is based off of how many voxels you have (must be multiple of 32).

If you want a specific size of 2 meters, you will also need to decide your resolution.

A resolution of 256 voxels per meter would mean that each voxel would be 3.9mm big.

You would then set the z to be 512.  You can modify the max value of z in the code. You will also need to modify the z-slider to have a higher max value. (You have to change the ZMax on both the slider control and an internal variable (can't remember the name off top of my head)).

Note that there is a limitation in video cards that limit memory usage to 1gb- I'm not sure what causes that limitation, but I experienced it several times through crashing every time I hit it.

Monday, June 29, 2015 2:14 PM
  • Hi Jacob,

Thank you for the nice answer. I will give it a go with the info you gave me!

• Marked as answer by jfroberge Saturday, February 6, 2016 2:40 PM
    Sunday, July 5, 2015 12:51 PM