none
Insert Active X control in Power Point using VSTO 2008 RRS feed

• Question

•  I´m doing my final project and trying insert a AxACTIVEHAPTEKXLib.AxActiveHaptekX in VSTO ( vb.net and powerpoint 2007) .
    I saw the post : http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vsto/thread/4282a65c-ccd7-4fd4-a56c-75f84615fff6 and i have the same problem. Haptek has own methods (example hypertext, query, etc) but I can´t call it.
    can you help me???? 
    regards and thanks.
    Wednesday, July 13, 2011 5:31 PM

All replies

• Hi luigi84,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

It’s based on my understanding I would recommend you generate an assembly for you ActiveX control and implement it in your project. Then you can cast your PowerPoint’s Shape to the Interface or class of you ActiveX control. If it is possible, please show me your email address in the reply, I will connect you to obtain the ActiveX control for further research.

This is the tool to generate assembly from ActiveX control. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/tt0cf3sx(v=VS.90).aspx

I hope it can help you.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, July 15, 2011 2:03 AM
  • Thanks for you answer Tom.

I concret my problem:

I have two files .dll:

* Interop.ACTIVEHAPTEKXLib.dll

* AxInterop.ACTIVEHAPTEKXLib.dll

and one file .ocx:

* ActiveHaptekX.ocx

I´m not sure , What file/files do I create an assembly?

once generated, as I use it?

Thanks a lot.

P.S. My e-mail is luigig84@hotmail.com

P.S.S. if you want, I will send you  my code.

Thanks.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 4:30 PM
  • Hi luigig84,

Do you received my email?

have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, July 22, 2011 8:30 AM
  •  hi Tom, I read your mail, thanks a lot, I sent you a e-mail.
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 2:43 PM
  • Hi Tom, do you received my email?

Thanks a lot.

Thursday, July 28, 2011 5:06 PM
  • Hi luigig84,

I’m testing your project on my side. I think I’m not able to give you answer at once, your issue has some complex situation (you ocx need extend library support). I will reply as soon as I can.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]

Friday, July 29, 2011 5:54 AM
  • Hi luigig84,

I get exception when I use regsvr32.exe to registry ActiveHaptekX.ocx. Would you please tell me whether there has specific steps to registry ActiveX control.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]

Friday, July 29, 2011 6:42 AM
  • Hi luigig84,

I don’t know what’s the matter with the ocx file. When I run regsvr32 to registry the ocx it prompt message to alert me that the ocx can not be registry. Can I create a ocx on my side to explain how to use ole object in PowerPoint?

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]

Tuesday, August 2, 2011 7:16 AM
  • Hi Tom, thanks for your help.

I did these steps:

1.install microsoft office 2007

2.install visual studio 2008 with VSTO

3.install haptek player  (http://www.haptek.com/) you need install the haptek´s player

4.open the project

5. Add COM reference 

6. I already use ActiveHaptekX

I can add the ActiveHaptekX in my usercontrol and i can see it, but if I add the ActiveHaptekX into slide, I can´t see it. (although It is in the slide, because if you press F5, you will see that no image can be seen into haptek´s player)

I hope that helps you, thanks a lot, I need a solution because my project is based in this application

Tuesday, August 2, 2011 8:25 AM
  • Hi luigig84,

Thanks for your clarify.

I will try it.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]

Wednesday, August 3, 2011 8:42 AM
  • Thanks Tom, I am in your hands !!!!!
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 3:28 PM
  • Hi luigig84,

I tried to embed the ole object into the PowerPoint. I can see it has been embedded into the PowerPoint but I can’t set the property. I embed the IE browser into PowerPoint via such code:

Dim ppApplication As PowerPoint.Application = Globals.ThisAddIn.Application

Dim ppPresentation As PowerPoint.Presentation = ppApplication.ActivePresentation

Dim ppSlide As PowerPoint.Slide = ppPresentation.Slides(1)

Dim ppShape As PowerPoint.Shape = ppSlide.Shapes.AddOLEObject(Left:=15, Top:=15, Width:=800, Height:=600,

ClassName:="Shell.Explorer.2", Link:=Office.MsoTriState.msoFalse)

Dim ppBrowser As Object = ppShape.OLEFormat.Object

ppBrowser.Navigate("http://www.google.cn")

It works fine on my side. However I can’t use same way to solve the problem of AxACTIVEHAPTEKXLib. I think there must have some specific character in the ocx. And the best way to solve your issue is consult http://www.haptek.com/ for help. They will more familiar with this ocx then me.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]

Monday, August 8, 2011 1:19 AM