none
Can not find unattached disk

Question

• It's been more then 4 weeks that the system has been recommending me to remove an unnattached disk but i can't find it any which way. Global azure search "not found", search disks "not found" and a huge wild card search though all subscription's stoage accounts "not found"

What i need to completely confirm if Cloudyn is drunk or not is the disk's resource group and it's full storage address (and if it's maybe a snapshot of a disk). Cause from here it looks like Cloudyn is wrong.
    Thursday, December 20, 2018 10:52 AM

All replies

• Hello Chris,

Thanks for using Cloudyn and for letting us know about this unattached disk issue. 

I would recommend opening a free service request from:

• Azure Portal > Help + Support > New Support Request > Service: Billing > Cloudyn Legacy

Please include a screenshot from Azure showing the actual state of the disk and a screenshot showing what Cloudyn show instead. Then the Cloudyn support team can look it up in the DB to see what's happening.

- Micah Adamson 

Thursday, December 20, 2018 5:48 PM
    Owner
  • FYI: This additional Azure tool for finding and removing unattached disks might also be helpful:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-machines/windows/find-unattached-disks

Friday, December 21, 2018 5:36 PM
    Owner
  • Ah yes Good call Micah.

The plot thickens.

So "Get-AzureRmDisk" reports
    [Get-AzureRmDisk]
    ResourceGroupName  : ZK-TEST
    TimeCreated        : 05/07/2017 12:33:12
    OsType             : Linux
    CreationData       : Microsoft.Azure.Management.Compute.Models.CreationData
    DiskSizeGB         : 30
    EncryptionSettings : 
    ProvisioningState  : Succeeded
    Id                 : /subscriptions/.../resourceGroups/ZK-TEST/providers/Microsoft.Compute/disks/zk-test_OsDisk_1_796507...
    Name               : zk-test_OsDisk_1_796507...
    Type               : Microsoft.Compute/disks
    [/Get-AzureRmDisk]

BUT
    [Get-AzureRmDisk -ResourceGroupName "ZK-TEST"]

AVERTISSEMENT : Get-AzureRmDisk: A property of the output of this cmdlet will change in an upcoming breaking change release. The Name property for a Sku will return Standard_LRS and Premium_LRS

Get-AzureRmDisk : Resource group 'ZK-TEST' could not be found.
    ErrorCode: ResourceGroupNotFound
    ErrorMessage: Resource group 'ZK-TEST' could not be found.
    StatusCode: 404
    ReasonPhrase: Not Found
    OperationID : 0c556bc2-a7a9-45c2-a55c-3095303404f3
    Au caractère Ligne:1 : 1
    + Get-AzureRmDisk -ResourceGroupName "ZK-TEST"
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : CloseError : (:) [Get-AzureRmDisk], ComputeCloudException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.Azure.Commands.Compute.Automation.GetAzureRmDisk
    [/Get-AzureRmDisk -ResourceGroupName "ZK-TEST"] 

Which matches the portal and so it looks like the Azure API and / or Portal are drunk and Cloudyn is just reporting what it sees.

This also matches the fact that i can't find anything remotly like a vhd storage blob for it.

NOTE: I've already opened a ticket with Azure Pro support but as long as they keep asking for the same screenshot over and over and over again i don't have much faith this will get fixed any time soon.

Monday, December 24, 2018 12:38 PM
  • Thanks for the update confirming that Cloudyn is accurately reflecting what you were able to find about this disk in Azure. Please share this same update in your support ticket if you haven't yet. If your ticket is owned by the Cloudyn support team, they will need to transfer it to the Azure team to resolve the underlying issue.

Thanks!
    - Micah

Monday, December 24, 2018 5:04 PM
    Owner