none
Listview control in office 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a complex VBA project that I developed in office 2003.

The project makes extensive use of LISTVIEW controls to display data in multiple columns. I have several userforms and many have multiple LISTVIEW controls.

I need to move the project to office 2013 64bit windows. Can I still use the LISTVIEW controls & how do I do it?

Is there an alternative control?

Thursday, October 9, 2014 1:26 PM

All replies

• Do you mean a 64bit version of Excel or a 64 bit Windows?

Well, either way you should really be able to use them just fine...
    Thursday, October 9, 2014 2:52 PM
  • I think you can use the control with 32-bit Office on a 64-bit operating system, but not with a 64-bit Office and a 64-bit operating system.

You might test this to make sure, so you can make your decision based upon actual test results.

Below article clarifies that:

Choose the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Office

Hope this helps,

Daniel van den Berg | Washington, USA | "Anticipate the difficult by managing the easy"

Please vote an answer helpful if they helped. Please mark an answer(s) as an answer when your question is being answered.

Thursday, October 9, 2014 5:51 PM
  • Thanks for the advice Michael and Daniel.

I think the office version is 64 bit so that might be a problem then??

Is there a reasonable alternative to using listview in 64 bit office?

Multiple columns with different column widths required + ability to scroll down + ability to select a line for further processing. e.g. listview lists jobs with some information for each and then the user can select a job to display a more detailed userform with job details.

All advice appreciated.

Thursday, October 9, 2014 6:00 PM
  • Well do you need to go 64-bit?

Alternative will be Office 2013 32-bit version, but maybe that solution is a bit to easy.

I am not aware of alternatives, there might be some 3rd party products out there.

Daniel van den Berg | Washington, USA | "Anticipate the difficult by managing the easy"

Please vote an answer helpful if they helped. Please mark an answer(s) as an answer when your question is being answered.

Thursday, October 9, 2014 6:12 PM